mower will not stay running

2young2retire

Forum Newbie
Threads
my mower worked fine a just a few weeks ago and now it will start but stops after only few minutes running. it has gas ans oil. it is a toro ans yes it is probably 17 years old. this happened last year but before the lawnmower repair rush started at the repair shop. It was 50 bucks and I am sure it can be and easier fix than that. Anyone there?

Lawnranger

Threads
Many no start problems are fuel related and the ethanol in gasoline contributes to the cause. Try using Marine Formula Sta-Bil in your fuel. I add it to the fuel container before I buy gasoline so all of the fuel is treated all the time. I decided to put it to the test and left treated ethanol gasoline in my generator for one year. After sitting for a whole year I was able to start the engine and it ran normally. I then drained all the fuel out and used that fuel in my riding lawnmower and the lawnmower performed flawlessly. Is this proof that Marine Formula Sta-Bil works? To me it is and I will continue to use the product as long as it's available. YMMV.