Craftsman Tractor Hydro Problem

contheon

Threads
I知 trying to help a friend get his Craftsman Tractor back in operation. Here痴 the details:

1.Tractor Model # 917288280
24 HP, 46 Deck
HydroGear Transaxle T2-AABC-1X2B-1GXX
3 Years Old

2. Problem Ground speed has been deduced to a slow crawl, especially up hills. Tractor engine has been tuned and is running strong. After reading other posts, we checked the brake petal function and that is not the issue. Also checked the belt which appears tight and in good shape. Next step was to purge the transmission. However, while cutting the lawn at slow speed, the control arm on the transmission snapped in half. It's possible that the control arm was the problem, but we can稚 be sure. The part is on order, after replacing we still plan to purge the transmission. There does not appear to be any adjustment on the rod connecting the control arm to the pedal at least on the transmission end.

Does anyone know how to convert what appears to be a Sear Part # for the Transaxle into the real HydroGear Model # ? The number I included above is from the label on the transmission.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. The transaxle is still in the tractor, we got access to the broken control arm by removing the right rear wheel. Access on this tractor has been a challenge.

shinny_head

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same hydro gear T2 transaxle on a Husqvarna YTH2242. On level ground it runs fine for about 1/2 to 3/4 hours. After that time the transaxle begins to make increasingly louder noises that sounds like hydraulic whine. The speeds slows and then the lawn tractor will not move forward or reverse. I hear the excessive hydraulic whine.

The T2 ran well for two years and the symptoms began this year. I took it to the dear for repair.
They said the oil level was fine and it ran well for them during trouble shooting.
I currently cut the grass till it stops and wait an hour and the then it runs fine for another 1/2 to 3/4 hours.
The problems began after 110 hours on the dash clock. Currently 117 hours of operation.
The B&D engine runs fine no problems.

I change the belt and dealer says belt tension is fine.
I tried purging the air procedure this did not help.
At this point I am running it till it fails.

I assume there is a thermal issue related to the hydraulic pump but have found conformation.

I wonder if changing transaxle the oil will help?

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Is there a lot of dead grass on top of the tranny or axle ends ?