Best mowers on the market

scooter

Forum Newbie
Threads
What in your opinion are the best mowers on the market at the moment, both sit on and push mowers?

Not just in the terms of cost, overall performance and so on.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have to believe that most 'commercial grade' mowers are going to be the most dependable and cost the least in the long run...
They will be built much better using rebuildable/replaceable components.

Gabi

Threads
I hope mowers are better quality than everything else, it seems like we live in a disposable world. You only get so many uses out of something, appliances and other big ticket items included. Its disgusting.

stanley

Threads
If you're looking for a brand name, then John Deere. You get what you pay for here. Quality, dependability, and, of course, John Deere Green. You can't beat that:smile:

Flossie

Threads
I hope mowers are better quality than everything else, it seems like we live in a disposable world. You only get so many uses out of something, appliances and other big ticket items included. Its disgusting.

I once read that white goods were purposefully manufactured to have a fairly short shelf life. I don't know if mowers are the same but I really hope not. I don't mind the initial outlay for something that will last for a long while, if properly maintained.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have to believe that most 'commercial grade' mowers are going to be the most dependable and cost the least in the long run...
They will be built much better using rebuildable/replaceable components.
Well said!
:thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Best mowers on the market, That's a load question. You do realize that everyone is going to have a different opinion, but to answer your question I don't believe there is a best mower on the market. Commercial mowers tend to be a better grade of mower than a residential mower but they cost considerably more money and for the home owner is probably over kill in most cases. I think if you take the time and visit some mower dealers and compare mowers and there spec's you'll find they all are using the same engines ( Kawasaki, Kohler, and or Briggs) they all are using the same drive systems like the Peerless 5 spd in the walk behind mowers and so on. So unless you like a particular color or like paying extra for a name it's really a personal preference thing.

If you're talking push or self propelled mowers The Honda mowers are IMO the best on the market.

Last edited:

twocycletim

Threads
If you buy a John Deere or Cub get it from a dealer, and not a box store, else you may get a MTD!
I jave a John Deere, Badboy, and a Cub/MTD The badboy is the toughest built for the most part, there are a couple of things where the deere is stronger, but but for the most part the Badboy is the heavier built.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you buy a John Deere or Cub get it from a dealer, and not a box store, else you may get a MTD!

I really don't think you'll buy a John Deere from a big box store and have it be an MTD product when you consider that MTD doesn't have anything to do with JD. :rolleyes:

The MTD family of brands includes Cub Cadet, Cub Cadet Commercial, Cub Cadet Yanmar, Troy-Bilt, White Outdoor, Yard-Man, Yard Machines, Bolens, Arnold, GardenWay, MTD Pro and MTD Gold.

Distribution of John Deere and Husqavarna Low End mowers goes to Lowes, the same way Cub Cadet and Ariens low end mowers end up at Home Depot and Tractor Supply.

Last edited:

twocycletim

Threads
I really don't think you'll buy a John Deere from a big box store and have it be an MTD product when you consider that MTD doesn't have anything to do with JD. :rolleyes:

The MTD family of brands includes Cub Cadet, Cub Cadet Commercial, Cub Cadet Yanmar, Troy-Bilt, White Outdoor, Yard-Man, Yard Machines, Bolens, Arnold, GardenWay, MTD Pro and MTD Gold.

Distribution of John Deere and Husqavarna Low End mowers goes to Lowes, the same way Cub Cadet and Ariens low end mowers end up at Home Depot and Tractor Supply.

I stand partially corrected, but my point is still valid:biggrin: