using thicker blade on Fastrak SD60

raldem7

Threads
The recommended medium lift blade (600901) looks to be 0.2 inches thick. I was looking at another brand that should be the same except it has a thickness of 0.25 inches. At that many RPM, I would appreciate a second opinion. The replacement blade is a Fusion priced about the same as the OEM. The OEM blade and Fusion blade(91-239) cost almost twice as much as other Oregon blades. Also, how much longer (on average) would the harder blades hold an edge compared to the softer steel?

Thanks,
RD

Larry R

Threads
The recommended medium lift blade (600901) looks to be 0.2 inches thick. I was looking at another brand that should be the same except it has a thickness of 0.25 inches. At that many RPM, I would appreciate a second opinion. The replacement blade is a Fusion priced about the same as the OEM. The OEM blade and Fusion blade(91-239) cost almost twice as much as other Oregon blades. Also, how much longer (on average) would the harder blades hold an edge compared to the softer steel?

Thanks,
RD

The heavier blade will help in cutting with the extra weight for centrifugal force, just a little slower on rpm buildup. The harder blades are worth the difference.