John Deere JS38 or JS48

holloway

Forum Newbie
Threads
Which mower is best for a middle-aged person to use on hilly terrain (a lot of slanted ground also) ? Does the JS48 require a lot more maintenance than the JS38? My very old Briggs and Stratton engine is dying and it is 6 hp. Not sure if the 7.25 ft torque on the JS38 is as powerful as the 6.0 hp or do I need the 8.75 ft torque of the JS48? Appreciate any help on this. Thank you. :smile:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would say go with a Honda. I do not have one but have heard a lot of good things about them.
If I needed a push mower I would get one.
Not sure if you have looked at anything but a JD but they are not built any better than the Honda

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

okiepc

Threads
Which mower is best for a middle-aged person to use on hilly terrain (a lot of slanted ground also) ? Does the JS48 require a lot more maintenance than the JS38? My very old Briggs and Stratton engine is dying and it is 6 hp. Not sure if the 7.25 ft torque on the JS38 is as powerful as the 6.0 hp or do I need the 8.75 ft torque of the JS48? Appreciate any help on this. Thank you. :smile:

I have a JS45 that is the besy walk behind mower I have ever owned, but I don't know if it is like the ones you are asking about. I am 64 and it is easy on me, 8.75 ft._lbs. gets the job done.:thumbsup: