Weed Eater One (WE261) peice of junk!

Normf

Threads
OK I set this aside for last summer .....since I got a gift of an 18 hp.Craftsman which required
a few replacement parts...no problem.

......and now I will start working on this machine that will last for a long time
I now have this theory that this was meant for a nice level lawn since it has such small
crappy tires Once you have replaced ALL 4 TIRES with good ones.

then realize that you have to take it EASY with this machine ....NO sharp turns as this
is a limited slip differential It depends a lot upon the wheels slipping on the grass when you make a turn
the wider the turn the better.
Now to get the part number for that pesky friction disk .
Norm

T

kumppelman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Was able to replace disc with Stens 240-975 Drive Disc Kit With Liner from Amazon for 16.27 . no mods needed . was able to take old one off by popping off left side axel and sliding out old . did not use provided inner liner left on old new one seemed a little tight . working like new again .

Normf

Threads
Was able to replace disc with Stens 240-975 Drive Disc Kit With Liner from Amazon for 16.27 . no mods needed . was able to take old one off by popping off left side axel and sliding out old . did not use provided inner liner left on old new one seemed a little tight . working like new again .

I could sure use an oversimplified pictures of how to put the transmission back together again.the thing is completely disassembled since you just removed the left side I guess assembling? the right side would be the place to start ?
maybe I can send you a pic one or two at a time?
Okay please reply ?
No hurry if I can finish this in a month or 2 will be quick enough .....
Norm

BuddhaDude

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thanks kumppelman! I ordered Stens 240-975 from Amazon and it worked just as you said. No mods needed. Used a couple of 1/2" pipes through the back of the frame to hold the mower up while I removed the left side. I couldn't in good conscience sell this POS with the drive slipping as bad as it was. Works like it was designed now which is admittedly really crappy but it does go in reverse for the first time in a long while. I'm going to sell it soon before something else breaks!

WE261.jpgStens1.jpgStens2.jpg

cory

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, my neighbor and I figured out how to fix the friction disc problem on the weed eater one! We used a standard wheel from a Snapper, cut out the middle to fit the assembly for the weed eater and put it back together, lubed everything from front to back and now it wants to pop wheelies!

i would like to buy the snapper friction wheel could you post a link to buy that one you got.it would greatly appreciated. thanks cory

ep103

Threads
The Snapper number for this part is 7600135YP, I am sure you can get it on ebay, or Amazon. Good luck on this project..

cory

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Snapper number for this part is 7600135YP, I am sure you can get it on ebay, or Amazon. Good luck on this project..

ok thanks:thumbsup:

papajack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gave mine away after brake cable broke twice. Replaced it with a Ryobi Electric riding mower. Runs for 2 hours. I also use a cordless electric EGO Lawnmower.

Attachments

• 20170401_193007_001.jpg
    20170401_193007_001.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 10