Toro cable-self propelled 22"

famattjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
The "Traction" cable on my Toro Model 20017, SN 220302534 broke, this is the cable that controls the personal pace. I removed the old one, which attaches at the bottom to a spring. But the old one had a ball at the end of the cable that kept the cable from coming out of the spring. The new one I was sold has an "S" bend at both ends. See the photo attached. I can't see how I am supposed to get the "S" through the spring. Even if it had the same ball as the old one I don't know how I would get it through since there doesn't seem to be any way to detach the silver part of the cable from the housing. Maybe the dealer sold me a cable for a newer model? Perhaps the old cable came with the spring already attached.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...I/AAAAAAAACIE/5Iskhel6ULM/s288/Toro cable.JPG

Attachments

• Toro cable.JPG
    Toro cable.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 15

famattjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, I found a repair video someone posted, it's a newer model (mine is a 2003) but same cable. I was trying to install the wrong cable. What I call an "S" they call a "Z-end" and that is only supposed to be at the top end. The new one is supposed to come with the spring already attached. And the black plastic thing I broke, you depress the 2 tabs from the underside to remove it, I had seen these but could not do it. Odd thing is the cable shown which looks like what I need is part # 115-8435. I had looked my unit up on the Toro interactive website, using the actual serial number of my mower, and it gave a part # of 105-1844.

Toro Lawn Mower Traction Cable Replacement (part #115-8435) - YouTube

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have the wrong cable. Take it back to where you got it.

thefox

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Toro self propelled 22" lockup backward

Toro model 20066- was working fine then suddenly locked in backward roll- doesn't seem to be pull forward too.. what's problem/fix, please..

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm willing to bet that you have a stick stuck between the belt and the transmission pulley.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
every time i clean my mower i take the housing off the belt and clean the collected debris out it accumulates pretty fast