Snowblower

173abn

Threads
I was at Lowes today and noticed they had snowblowers ,they had one unit by TroyBilt they wanted $700.00 or so for.The service rep said I just missed the sale they had yesterday ,said I could've saved 15% on it and with the 10% military discount I could've saved even more.wow just my bad timing.I noticed it had a power cord and asked the guy about it and he said it was either pull start or electric start.never saw that before.So instead of a battery you plug it in to a socket to start it.before I spend $700.00 on something like that I'm going to look into a pto powered unit I can hook on my Yanmar. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello russ..
My brother in Topeka sold one of those this summer..
It was rather old but low hours, not a lot of snow, except the last few years... I figured it would go for around $100 - $150... He was offered $350 for it (during the summer) and sold it...

The electric 110 volt start works well but It seems like it would be not as handy as a battery powered starter motor... ?
They seem to work ok but I think you will be better off using an attachment for your tractor. PLUS you then can sit down while working snow :laughing:

I have a big snow blower I put on my ZTR mower, snow blowing is the most fun way to move the cool white stuff... :smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
Hey Kenny,dang I sure wish I'd known that cause I'd sure would've snatched that up.T.town is where I was raised and only live 15 miles away . Ilook on craigslist about every day .I could put a thrower on my Grasshopper but my YM. is 4wd so I'll keep looking. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
What Yanmar do you have ... I'll keep an eye out down this way for attachments. :smile:KennyV

monica123

Threads
We have an electric snow thrower, It was given to me for Christmas a few years back, I have used it a few times but where we live it can't be used in the huge storms, I am wondering if the bigger ones will work on gravel better the the one I have.

173abn

Threads
Kenny I've got the 1610D. russ

noma

Threads
Hi 173 abn

If you are looking for a snow blower and you do much snow blowing , and are on garvel then you need a two stage snow blower . It will blow more snow and bigger drifts. It has a auger and a perpoller that work togeather to move more snow.The electric start work good, you will have your snow blower in a building when you are not using it and you have electricial power in that building to, so power will be right there to use. If your building is not heated and the motor oil is cold it will pull a little harder then in the summer. So it turns it over at a good pace for you so its easyer to start then. And if you are older it is a little harder for and older person to pull the string to start it in the winter. So just plug in 110 volt electric and push the button and off you go, and as they get older they tend to start a little harder to. Well good luck enjoy the snow, i'm not looking forward to it.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi 173 abn

If you are looking for a snow blower and you do much snow blowing , and are on garvel then you need a two stage snow blower . It will blow more snow and bigger drifts. It has a auger and a perpoller that work togeather to move more snow.The electric start work good, you will have your snow blower in a building when you are not using it and you have electricial power in that building to, so power will be right there to use. If your building is not heated and the motor oil is cold it will pull a little harder then in the summer. So it turns it over at a good pace for you so its easyer to start then. And if you are older it is a little harder for and older person to pull the string to start it in the winter. So just plug in 110 volt electric and push the button and off you go, and as they get older they tend to start a little harder to. Well good luck enjoy the snow, i'm not looking forward to it.

Ummm...I have a 5hp dual stage Craftsman blower I bought on a closeout (Sears Surplus store) back in '89 for $365 out the door...it still starts in one or two pulls every fall, without fail. I'm a little guy and 61 years old but I can still pull over my 10 hp Tecumseh powered genset. EAT YOUR WHEATIES.

:biggrin:

stanley

Threads
If you want to find some deals, look in the off season. Private parties almost always have those at a very good price. It's all as is of course, but you'll end up saving some coin.

oldyellr

Threads
Ummm...I have a 5hp dual stage Craftsman blower I bought on a closeout (Sears Surplus store) back in '89 for $365 out the door...it still starts in one or two pulls every fall, without fail. I'm a little guy and 61 years old but I can still pull over my 10 hp Tecumseh powered genset. EAT YOUR WHEATIES.

:biggrin:

Or if you don't eat your Wheaties, keep it well maintained and put Stabil in the gas tank at the end of each season. :laughing: