Honda HRR216VKA vs. Toro 20333 vs. Husqvarna HD800HW

tmwd163

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda HRR216VKA vs. Toro 20333 vs. Husqvarna HD800HW
Are these 3 mowers in the same league? I see all three are around $399, but was just curious if one stands out above the rest. Thanks for any advice.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are these 3 mowers in the same league? I see all three are around $399, but was just curious if one stands out above the rest. Thanks for any advice.

All three mowers in the same league. The Honda and Husqvarna both are running the Honda GCV 160cc engines, the Toro a 190cc Briggs & Stratton. Its a matter of opinion as to which engine is actually better.
The Honda Engines as a rule are a better Engine and the HRR216VKA uses the Twin blades (QuadraCut System) and has a three year Residential Warranty, both Toro and Husqvarna are two year. I would suggest you do a Google search and check at Home Depot, Lowes and places like that and read some Reviews and see what others have too say about there purchases of the mowers.

Last edited:

tmwd163

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm leaning towards the Honda or Toro. I would like the Honda motor, but Toro's personal pace would be nice. I've read 2 different places that a Home Depot mower wont be as good as an independent shop mower. Wouldn't they be identical if they're the same model number?

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
No contest. Toro all the way.
A variable speed control that works. Its got blade overide. Its wider at 22" compared to 21" and to top it all off it uses the best small air cooled engine ever made.
The honda does have 1 good thing which is the twin blade.
But reliability its Toro.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm leaning towards the Honda or Toro. I would like the Honda motor, but Toro's personal pace would be nice. I've read 2 different places that a Home Depot mower wont be as good as an independent shop mower. Wouldn't they be identical if they're the same model number?

As far as the personal pace is concerned the Honda has the Self-propelled, variable speed Smart Drive which Easily adjust the mower's speed with there ergonomically-designed "paddle" style control handle for speeds from 0 to 4 mph. Both mowers are basically personal pace.
As far as buying the mower from Home depot goes, it doesn't really matter to much because any dealer that sells the Honda mowers will do the warranty work if needed. The mower will be the same mower from either place.
As far as buying from a dealer, unless you own a lawn business and you are planning on buying a lot of equipment such as Trimmers, edgers, ZTR mowers, oil filters, air filters and such by the case and doing you own maintenance you're not going to benefit all that much just buying the mower from a dealer.

Last edited:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've read 2 different places that a Home Depot mower wont be as good as an independent shop mower. Wouldn't they be identical if they're the same model number?

All Honda mowers sold to Home Depot and independent dealers are exactly the same. In many cases, prices are about the same, but it pays to shop around. When you buy a mower from Home Depot, it's usually still in the box and requires some assembly (not much on a Honda; put the grass bag on the frame and unfold the handlebars). When you buy from a Honda Dealer, the mower is usually fully assembled and tested, with fuel and oil added and ready to go. You'll probably get more personalized service from a Honda Dealer who can answer questions and give you details on how to use the mower.

Sometimes, Home Depot offers refurbished mowers at a discount, but be aware the warranty may not be the same as new. Home Depot generally offers a 30-day return policy and Honda Dealers have a program called the Honda Commitment which also provides a return/refund/credit program. Almost all independent Honda dealers have on-site parts and service, while Home Depot may have limited parts and sends mowers out to a central facility for repairs. Any Honda Dealer can provide warranty repair service regardless of the purchase location.