Sleeve hitch

Mwh0428

Threads
Can somebody give me a picture of a sleeve hitch like to make one for my John Deere 317.

Sent from my iPod touch using LMF

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are a few different sleeve hitches, most are similar & interchangeable... here is a Youtube video clip of an electric actuator sleeve hitch on a JD Garden Tractor... : John Deere Sleeve Hitch - YouTube
:smile:KennyV

Mwh0428

Threads
Thanks that video gave me an idea of what I need to do might make it run off hydro system.

Sent from my iPod touch using LMF

swensonb99

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a JD 318 and didnt want to spend the cash for a 3pt lift system. so I came across a sleeve hitch from a craftsman garden tractor with box blade. i used the rockshaft thats on the mower and added a short lift arm on it to lift it hydraulically. i built the mount from a bar at lowes home improvement to where it is just pinned. it works great!! but when i got to the sleeve hitch [plow attachemnt i needed a bit more down pressur so i used a larger piece of angle iron and made it so that it would use the existing cylinder lift pin to hold the cylinder in one position instead of sliding on the channel. now it will pick up the back end of the JD with out a problem. great for tire repair!! ;) I wil have to try to get some pics and add if interested.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a JD 318
i used a larger piece of angle iron and made it so that it would use the existing cylinder lift pin to hold the cylinder in one position instead of sliding on the channel.
I wil have to try to get some pics and add if interested.

Definitely post some pictures... I like seeing Any 'do it yourself' projects... :smile:KennyV