Alternate Oil Filters

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hydraulic filters are different to engine filters.
They are a lot finer and run higher pressures.
Engine filters can be any ware as high as 200 microns
Hydraulic filters are generally 20 micron or less

You need to know what the micron rating is.
what the bypass pressure is
what the flow rate is
What the working temperature is
and if it has a backflow valve

to do a comparrison.
It is not a Bad boy product, it is a specified part by the tranny make and usually the tranny makers will list a std filter for their trannies and that is the number you need to cross reference .
There might be 100 filters that are all the same except for the colour or the length or the outer diameter, non of which are important so long as it fits in the space and the seal in on the machined face of the housing.

greggn

Threads
Seven years have passed since my last posting and I happened across this one while researching for an aftermarket hydraulic filter for my 2005 Massey Ferguson GC2300. While some filter manufacturers such as NAPA and WIX now make some filters for my application, as of this date none have made one for the hydraulic system. But I think I am getting close to a substitute.

In regard to my comment today, I am not sure if your response was in reference to my comment below, but if it was I think maybe you misunderstood the message I was conveying. As I am sure you know, most engines require a filter that meets certain technical specifications. If someone plans on using a aftermarket filter they need to make sure it meets the technical specifications such as flow rate, bypass relief, etc. the manufacturer says the engine requires. I was not saying that there was a requirement to use their filter only or you could void the warranty.

"Not all oil filters are the same. While they may look the same on the outside, it's what's on the inside that's important. The oil filter is the engine's main line of defense against abrasion and the premature wear. It removes solid contaminants such as dirt, carbon and metal particles from the oil before they can damage bearing, journal and cylinder wall surfaces in the engine. The more dirt and other contaminants the filter can trap and hold, the better. When it comes to oil and a filter, don't risk your engine to anything less than what the manufacture specifies. Besides, it could void the warranty if still in effect."

Wix makes the filters for NAPA. Check out Baldwin they make a good filter. http://www.baldwinfilter.com/