Victa 8/26e info!!!!

Clubbyboy

Threads
Hi guy's,

Just aquired a Victa 8/26e ride on lawn mower for free (minus the engine) and need a workshop manual so I can start restoring it. It is in great shape for its age, has been sitting in the corner of a workshop for the last 10 years and has only recently had the engine pulled because someone else wanted it. I saved it from the crusher and hopefuly I can come across a suitable motor to power the old girl.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated,
Glenn

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you tried searching online for the Victa manual?

I'd love to find a two-cycle Victa but, since they aren't imported into the USA, I'll probably never get one. :mad:

Clubbyboy

Threads
Have you tried searching online for the Victa manual?QUOTE]

I have searched high and low for a manual but have come up stumps. Has anyone got one or can source one, I am needing this book sooner or later.

Cheers
Glenn

Clubbyboy

Threads
Can anyone help, need some manuals and so on for this mower.

Cheers
Glenn

Attachments

• Victa 8 26e.bmp
    612.6 KB · Views: 46

Clubbyboy

Threads
Just picked up another one of these rideon's for free from a local and it is complete, even with the optional cloth catcher that has seen better days but definitely a repairable unit. will post some pics once it is daylight.

Gotone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guy's,

Just aquired a Victa 8/26e ride on lawn mower for free (minus the engine) and need a workshop manual so I can start restoring it. It is in great shape for its age, has been sitting in the corner of a workshop for the last 10 years and has only recently had the engine pulled because someone else wanted it. I saved it from the crusher and hopefuly I can come across a suitable motor to power the old girl.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated,
Glenn[/QUOTE

Hey mate I can send you a copy of a manual for $20 au if you want to just let me know your email address and I'll send you the acc no and when it's in there I'll send you a copy it does have the electrical diagram as well as part numbers

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Victa never made a ride on lawn mower they were all bought in and rebadged or ordered from a 3rd party factory.
AFAIK the 8/26E was made for Victa by Norma. 8Hp B & S flathead engine 26' deck Electric start about 1980 ish
The Victa who marketed it have nothing to do with the modern Victa which is owned by Briggs & Stratton.
Victa was bought & sold several times since Merv went broke making the Victa Crusier aeroplane.
Norma also went broke and were taken over by Murray.
Murray went broke and were taken over by Briggs & Stratton.

If you post some photos of the mower some one will recognise it and point you in the right direction

Gotone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Victa never made a ride on lawn mower they were all bought in and rebadged or ordered from a 3rd party factory.
AFAIK the 8/26E was made for Victa by Norma. 8Hp B & S flathead engine 26' deck Electric start about 1980 ish
The Victa who marketed it have nothing to do with the modern Victa which is owned by Briggs & Stratton.
Victa was bought & sold several times since Merv went broke making the Victa Crusier aeroplane.
Norma also went broke and were taken over by Murray.
Murray went broke and were taken over by Briggs & Stratton.

If you post some photos of the mower some one will recognise it and point you in the right direction

well mate thats not the pointb i have the manuals if you would like one just ask i am in aus and regardless if victa didnt make one they did put there name on them and i have two of them in my garage

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am happy for you but I am not the person looking for the manual.
I already know how to fix them so I don't need an Owners manual.