conquest 50" deck adjustment

drmax

Threads
Hello. I have the hand screw adj. on the right hand side that can lower/raise the deck cut height. With this screwed all the way up, it just don't seem high enough. Is there some other adj. that can be made to this deck, or is this just what it is? I need a higher cut for the summer heat/sun. The manual says nothing of what I'm after.n

WISCOPROUD

Threads
make sure your tire pressures are good, no other height adjustments except for bringing the front of deck up higher if its hanging low. there is a black rod connecting the front deck hanger to the back of the deck w/ 2 nuts on it for adj. u shorten the rod & it will lift front of deck. u want the deck 1/8 lower in front than the back on level ground.

drmax

Threads
make sure your tire pressures are good, no other height adjustments except for bringing the front of deck up higher if its hanging low. there is a black rod connecting the front deck hanger to the back of the deck w/ 2 nuts on it for adj. u shorten the rod & it will lift front of deck. u want the deck 1/8 lower in front than the back on level ground.
ok, so with deck adjusted all the way up on the back (and there is not other large adjustment there) then ck the height on front. If it's lower than 1/8th inch, then get that setting...after making sure the tires are good. does that sound right? i'm tempted to mow with the deck in the transport position, even though the book says not to. i don't see the issue with that as the belt/pulleys appear to be in align.
uh...re-reading your post...when do i check for the 1/8? with it in the mow position and let all the way to ground, or all the way up? thx

WISCOPROUD

Threads
1/8" at mow position. transport position will have the back of deck lifted up too high and will cut bad

drmax

Threads
1/8" at mow position. transport position will have the back of deck lifted up too high and will cut bad
ok, but have the hand adj. all the way down, or up, to adjust the 1/8th front tolerance? seems like this'd make a difference. Thank you for your time. DM

WISCOPROUD

Threads
check it at whatever height u plan on mowing at. the crank will bring up or lower the entire deck (front & back) at the same time. So whichever height u plan on mowing then check the tipping forward of your deck. if its tipped too low in front then bring it up w/ the adj referred 2 earlier. this will give u a higher cut. u can cut w/ crank screwed 2 highest setting but dont mow w/ deck lifted in transport

drmax

Threads
check it at whatever height u plan on mowing at. the crank will bring up or lower the entire deck (front & back) at the same time. So whichever height u plan on mowing then check the tipping forward of your deck. if its tipped too low in front then bring it up w/ the adj referred 2 earlier. this will give u a higher cut. u can cut w/ crank screwed 2 highest setting but dont mow w/ deck lifted in transport
Did a crude measerment just off the lip of deck front is 4" rear 3.5" I was reminded that is not the correct way to measure. I for now will assume I bought this leveled. I just mowed and I'm getting a cut of 3". That is from earth to top of grass. I am assuming that if this is as high as it will ever cut, then to go higher, would mean to get rid of this mower. A neighbor is using some type of zero turn unit and he is getting 4". His grass is surviving the dry weather and that is what I am after. Let me know your thoughts. Thx, DM

WISCOPROUD

Threads
i'll try to remember to look into it at work

WISCOPROUD

Threads
looks like you can only cut as high as the crank will allow. nothing else to do

drmax

Threads
actually there is something you can do. per my simplicity dealer...air up the tires...fronts to 40 and put rears at 25. I also found, from the "mytractorforum" that the front bracket on the this 50" deck is adjustable...there is another set of holes higher up, which in theory would give about 1" of height. I moved the bracket and the adj. rod bolt up according. (deck is made to fit broadmore, with smaller tires, hence the diff. hole pattern) After adj. front to back after the move...it only raised it another 1/2"
So, nothing really gained. My height is 3.25 in rear, and 3.5 in front...per dealer, 1/4" higher in the front. cheers and life is good!

Oh, can a worn belt make one of the blades not drive with the rest of the blades? The center blade don't cut properly sometimes. They're all on a spring loaded tensioner, so don't unerstand it. The bearing is good in the center blade and all baldes are sharp. Weird and has been doing this for some time. Thx for any info. DM