Temperature light always on

M55

Forum Newbie
Threads
The temperature light on my water-cooled Honda 4518 rider stays lit. Last year, mowing tall grass, it would come on and I would shut it off for a while, clean the screen in front of the radiator, and let it cool down. Now it comes on as soon as I start it so this obviously isn't due to over-heating. Any ideas as to what's wrong? I don't want to run it like this in the event the engine would overheat and I wouldn't know it was running too hot.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't really know the type of temperature sensor Honda uses, but I would say either a bad ground if they use a two wire system, bad connects, or bad sensor. You can check the first two.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
The temperature light on my water-cooled Honda 4518 rider stays lit. Last year, mowing tall grass, it would come on and I would shut it off for a while, clean the screen in front of the radiator, and let it cool down. Now it comes on as soon as I start it so this obviously isn't due to over-heating. Any ideas as to what's wrong? I don't want to run it like this in the event the engine would overheat and I wouldn't know it was running too hot.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you can share the frame serial number with me, I can look up service details on this old tractor. The shop manual should have some troubleshooting pages.

There is another (ahem) forum that is heavy into older riding equipment, FYI, Honda - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information