Repairs honda harmony rider

langer53

Forum Newbie
Threads
our rider mower stalls out when the blade is engage. last year it died out on steep hills. any ideas?

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
our rider mower stalls out when the blade is engage. last year it died out on steep hills. any ideas?

I would first check that all the safety switches are working properly and are not misaligned or dirty.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads

Does it seem to stall due to too much load on the blades (heavy grass)? Or, if you were on concrete and raised the deck all the way up, then engaged the blades, the engine dies then?

If it dies in heavy grass only, it may be the engine is low on power or not running at the right speed. I used to have an H1011 rider and the throttle would sometimes slip out of FAST and running slower, it would stall when I engaged the blades. Double-check the throttle and make sure it's in FAST before you engage the blades.

If it dies when there's no grass or anything to drag on the blades, it could be something wrong with the belt or pulley. There are a couple of safety switches too: one on the seat, the parking brake, and the PTO/Blade lever. Here's the logic they follow:

Nobody in the seat, engine will not start if the parking brake is not set ON.
Parking brake ON, PTO/Blades OFF, engine will start with nobody in the seat.
Parking brake ON, PTO/Blades OFF, running engine will stop if PTO/Blade move to ON.
Parking brake OFF, running engine will stop if the operator lifts up out of the seat.
Parking brake OFF, PTO/Blades ON, engine will stop if the operator lifts up out of the seat.

Remove the ignition key (if you have an electric start model) and disconnect the spark plug on the engine. Lower the mower deck all the way down and inspect the belt and pulleys; see if you notice anything binding or out of place. See attached image for a diagram.

Let me know how it behaves on a flat smooth surface with the deck all the way up.

You can find a local dealer at this link:
Honda Power Equipment - Find a dealer

You can buy a detailed shop manual from Honda's Publication Store on eBay:
http://stores.ebay.com/Honda-Power-Equipment-Publications/Shop-Manuals-/_i.html?_nkw=h1011&submit=Search&_fsub=2861050018&_sid=1027410698

Attachments

• H1011 Mower Deck Belt 1.jpg
    H1011 Mower Deck Belt 1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 25
  • H1011 Mower Deck Belt 2.jpg
    H1011 Mower Deck Belt 2.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 21

damjam12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: honda harmony rider h2013

i need help with my honda harmony h2013sda lawn tractor that my neighbor gave me that doesn't run or move brakes are frozen up been sitting for five years but motor spins freely

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: honda harmony rider h2013

i need help with my honda harmony h2013sda lawn tractor that my neighbor gave me that doesn't run or move brakes are frozen up been sitting for five years but motor spins freely

Let's start with the basics. Fresh fuel in the tank? Is fuel getting to the carburetor? Have you done a spark test?

I'd suspect it was probably parked with fuel in the tank, and the carburetor is probably shot. Suggest you inspect and completely clean the entire fuel system. It's likely the carburetor and gaskets will require replacement, and the fuel tank and lines will need a complete cleaning. New spark plug is suggested, along with a fresh oil change. Confirm good spark, fill with fresh fuel, confirm good compression and good strong battery. Short of some mechanical issue (stuck valves, scoring or seized internals, / rust, or safety interlock) the engine should start.

The H2013 has some safety systems that prevent accidental operation/starting. For example, the PTO lever must be OFF to start the engine. The parking brake must be ON to start the engine. The shift lever must be in NEUTRAL to start the engine. After the engine has started, there must be an operator in the seat when moving the PTO to ON or moving the shift lever out of NEUTRAL or the engine will shut down. You can lean all about how these systems operate by downloading a free digital copy of the owner's manual here:

Honda H2013 Owner's Manual PDF

If you expect to do extensive repairs or overhaul, a paper shop manual is highly recommended. They are $45 and that includes free shipping and updates for three years; Honda sells them on their eBay store here:

Honda H2013 Shop Manual eBay