Mower deck Blades bogging down the hotter it gets.

gamecock66

Threads
Hi all. I have a Husqvarna 2006 GT2254 garden tractor. Today I went cut my grass and within a few minutes of mowing the blades would start to bog down and completely stop like I was going through really tall grass which I wasn't. If I slowed down they would catch back up. If I shut the blades off they will not come back on until the mower cools off a few minutes. Both the drive and the deck belts are new and adjusted correctly. This sounds like a clutch issue to me but I am not that experienced with these. Any suggestions??

Thanks
Wade

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are there grease fittings on your blade spindles ? Sounds like your bearings may be heating up and are not greased properly.
Also possible something is wrapped around your spindles at the blade (I just pulled a couple plastic shopping bags off a neighbors spindle yesterday - they had completely stopped the mower deck -- that was a PAIN)

Good uck and let us know !

gamecock66

Threads
Thanks! I will check them today. I just replaced the center spindle and thought I had enough grease in all of them but maybe not. It sure would be nice if that is all it is and I don't have to replace the electric clutch!!

Wade

gamecock66

Threads
You were right on target with the spindle. I replaced the center one and assumed that since it came as a complete assembly that it was full of grease. NOT!! Greased the new one and the other 2 old ones and everything is working again.

Thanks
Wade

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad that was the problem and hope that the new spindle did not have bearings ruined without the grease. Too much grease is better than none ! :biggrin: