Last mowing of season

Usedtorent

Threads
So when is your last mowing of the year? It's getting cooler out and that means the grass is not growing as quick as it was. I hate to say it but in a couple of months the snow might be flying. When is your last mowing usually?

rmancini

Threads
I mow right up until late November.
Not so much for grass cutting but for leaf clearing. The leaves usually finish dropping about Thanksgiving.
Rich

mowsby

Threads
I am also going to be switching gears more to mowing for leaf cutting and removal in awhile. I have given up trying to simply rake the leaves when there is a much better way for it to be done. I think we might keep our leaves longer than you do though. Are they falling in New York now?

Michael

Threads
Despite when you stop, service your mower, do it yourself, or hire someone that can, the most important issues, clean the under deck very very well, next, either add fuel stabilizer, or drain the tank, in either case will need to start your engine, if you emptied, until it stall, if you stablized for 5 to 10 minutes, or you will be calling guys like me in the spring, a little tlc goes a long way, just ask your spouse.
Michael

monica123

Threads
Ours is in dire need of a good mow but our mower broke. I am going to have to see if I can borrow my parent's mower and mow it for the last time this season.