D-405 Carb Question

Rudedog

Threads
I have a model 5236. Can I use a D Engine CARBURETOR #681071 & AIR FILTER Assembly on that model. It calls for a #681072 carburetor on the Lawn-Boy parts store. These carbs look identical. Is there a difference? Is it doable.

Fireman 123

Threads
Rudedog said:
I have a model 5236. Can I use a D Engine CARBURETOR #681071 & AIR FILTER Assembly on that model. It calls for a #681072 carburetor on the Lawn-Boy parts store. These carbs look identical. Is there a difference? Is it doable.

The drawings for your particular mower show the carb having 2 adjustable metering jets. One is the air/fuel ratio, and the other is a idle speed adjustment if I remember correctly. Either carb will work I think. The ones with the double adjustments are hard to come by, and therefore fetch a higher price. I looked and did see some 681702 carbs on eBay with the single adjustment, so I don't know the deal there. Long story short, yes, either carb SHOULD work just fine on your engine. Hope I helped some.

Rudedog

Threads
That helps a lot. I don't have the two adjustments on the one I have now. I only have the one big wheel high speed jet. The only difference I can see is that my current carb 681702 has an L shaped handle that screws to the bottom of the carb bowl. The 681701 has a plastic float bowl with a drain plug.

Last edited:

Fireman 123

Threads
I like the L shaped bolts because you can remove the bowl without removing the whole carb assembly.