Hydraulic oil:

Threads
Does anyone know where I can purchase a heavier wt. hydraulic oil ie. 30-50 wt. without buying 5 gal. I only need a couple of quarts.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Ron

noma

Threads
Hi Stoneyrunmiller

Welcome aboard hope to hear from you more. I'm sorry but i don't know where you can get hydraulic oil in smaller container . Look in farm stores you might get it in gallon jugs i don't think you will find it in quarts most farm equipment uses so much oil in there reservoirs ,that's why they sell sell it in 5 gallons container. Maybe a lawn mower dealer in your area, sell you bulk out of there barrel if you bring your own container in with you .

busted bolts

Forum Newbie
Threads
You might want to try a Grainger, or MSC supply. They sometimes carry qts of oil for industrial applications. Also try Napa Auto. Good luck:thumbsup:

MLCinNCTX

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check with your local ag or construction equipment dealers/repair shops, they generally work from 55 gal drums in the shop and can sell you what you need. Take a clean container with you.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anyone know where I can purchase a heavier wt. hydraulic oil ie. 30-50 wt. without buying 5 gal. I only need a couple of quarts.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Ron

Tractor supply sells 2 gallon containers, not sure if it's 30-50. It has a iso viscosity #. What do you need 2 qts for?
SKU Number: 0806317
Manufacturers Number: TS42462G

Attachments

• NewAndOldLawnLevel_Reduced.jpg
    NewAndOldLawnLevel_Reduced.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 10
  • NewAndOldSideView_1_Reduced.jpg
    NewAndOldSideView_1_Reduced.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 7
  • NewAndOldTopLevel_Reduced.jpg
    NewAndOldTopLevel_Reduced.jpg
    614.3 KB · Views: 8

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
tsc has this type too.

SKU Number: 0806383
Manufacturers Number: TS44HT2G

and this sae 20-50

Threads
Tractor supply sells 2 gallon containers, not sure if it's 30-50. It has a iso viscosity #. What do you need 2 qts for?
I have a tractor supply Huskie lawn tractor, hydrostatic drive, after long usage the pump gets hot and the tractor keeps getting slower until I stop and let the fan cool it down. I thought maybe a heavier wt. oil might improve the situation.
Thanks for the response

Last edited:
Threads
Check with your local ag or construction equipment dealers/repair shops, they generally work from 55 gal drums in the shop and can sell you what you need. Take a clean container with you.

Thanks, I'll look into that, and you have a get evening.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ron
Excel Hustler has been using Mobil1 synthetic 15w50 engine oil in almost all of their hydro drives for some time now...
Synthetic oil will stand heat much better than mineral oil... Check the compatibility and I think you will really like Mobil1 in your hydraulic system... :smile:KennyV