Husqvarna Motor Drive Belt Replacement

rfcnow

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna 48" Lawn Tractor (model YTH 2448 - 960150001 - automatic). I am trying to put on a new motor drive belt and secondary drive belt. I can't get the secondary drive belt on. There is not enough slack in the belt. I know I have the correct belt and routing for the belt. I've tried stretching the spring but can't get it to stretch far enough to get the belt over the left mandrel. Is there some way to adjust the tension of the belt? The manual isn't very helpful it says the following and doesn't mention adjusting the tension. Any help would be appreciated.

INSTALL NEW MOWER BLADE (SECONDARY) DRIVE
BELT
Install new belt in lower groove of R.H. mandrel pulley,
idler pulley, and center mandrel pulley as shown.
Carefully roll belt over L.H. mandrel

Lawnranger

Threads
If you can get the belt close to the pulley and started just a little bit you should be able to turn the belt on to the pulley by grabbing the belt in a different location with one hand and helping it on the L.H. mandrel pulley with the other hand while rotating the whole belt in the direction that would make the belt go on to the pulley. This process stretches the spring enough to get the belt on in many cases. I have used this procedure many, many times with great success when I have to change belts by myself.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Unhook the spark plug wires or better yet take the plugs out. Put the belt quarter way on the pulley . Use a wrench or socket on thr engine pulley bolt to rotate the engine so the belt rides into place .
Some machines the motor bolts (4) can be loosened and the motor shifted backwards - retighten the engine bolts ...

rfcnow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for all who replied. I appreciate it! Anyway, I finally did what I should have in the first place and that is get another person to help. I had my son pull the belt over the pulley while I stretched the spring with a crow bar and I now I have both belts on. I guess the moral of the story is this works much easier as a two man job.