Gator mower blades

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Anyone have any experience? Any recommendations?

Yea I use them on my ZTR and have had real good luck with them, they have a good cut and they're a little heavier duty than the regular blades.

Mark1

Threads
Yep I have "Gator" blades on my Cub Cadet 54" deck. They do a great job.I also had em on my old 1450 cub cadet. the cub died but the blades didn't. I now would like them for a John Deere 42" deck. their worth every cent.I get them from mowtown lawn mower parts co. they are reasonable and ship em right away.

MidTNDawg

Threads
Thanks, guys. Appreciate the responses. Sounds like, "Gator Blades here I come."

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks, guys. Appreciate the responses. Sounds like, "Gator Blades here I come."

As I said I run Gator Blades on my ZTR and I really like them but something to keep in mind if you're thinking about purchasing a set of Gator Blades for your mower is how they actually cut your grass. Unlike the traditional high lift blades that discharge the grass after it's cut, Gator blades will cut or mince the grass into fine pieces before discharge.
If you're mowing in dry conditions they cut very well, leave you with an excellent cut and leave very little to no dead grass on the lawn but in wet conditions they can be a problem, they can cause a plugged discharge resulting in a plugged deck. Before you purchase a set check with your dealer and see if he thinks it's advisable to run them on your mower.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 5

stuckinnj

Threads
I just installed a set of Gator Mulcher blades made by Oregon, I purchased from Baileysonline.com on my Cub 1450, 44" cut. There are 6 different versions of Gator Blades. I purchased the 3-in-1.
The jury is still out. I use this mighty mower to cut pasture grass not the lawn. The new blades do cut pretty good. Whether they truly mulch the cuttings into fine pieces or not, is difficult at best to determine as I cut every other week so the growth is quite tall. Having sais that, for my purpose they do appear to hold an edge longer then the standard cub blades. Keep in mind, pasture grass is a bit tougher then my 3/4 acre weed free lawn (which I cut with a Cub 33" walk behind - great exercise).

The cost from Baileys is about the same as standard set of OE blades. For the couple of bucks more, it's worth the price of admission.

My opinion for what it's worth................