HELP>>> safety switch for the left steering arm causing mower not to crank?

bubba827

Threads
  • / HELP>>> safety switch for the left steering arm causing mower not to crank?
Hey guys today I tried to get off mower and when I tried to pull parking brake back so i could get off the mower....it tried to shut off. so after several tries I just shut it off and when I tried to start it back up nothing..no clicking or anything. I played around with it for about 10 minutes and realized that if I jiggle the left arm some it would finally hit and start to turn over....is there an adjustment to this just wondering if a bolt or something has backed off or gotten loose.

and yes the blade switch was turned off

Mower is a grasshooper 227

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: HELP>>> safety switch for the left steering arm causing mower not to crank?

Yes, there is a safety switch on each arm. Probably needs adjustment or is full of dirt. Following wiring up to arm, they like to put them out of reach.

173abn

Threads

Had to replace mine last yr.Think they were less than $10.00 apiece so I went ahead and replaced both. Could be yours is loose and just needs retighting.If memory serves me just a couple small bolts...russ

bubba827

Threads

thanks guys....I checked it out this morning and the left 1 was a little loose....Thanks