RZT S 46" Cub Cadet

Trad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased this mower. If I stop mowing for any reason, the exhaust will burn a patch of grass ,a dry ed up spot about 10", where mower was stoped. Has anyone else experienced this ? Called dealer still waiting to hear back.
Thanks

Cooli

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a RZT S and have the burns too...guess we need to be faster...

Trad

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is not RIGHT its apparent that there is a design flaw. I called Cub Cadet and they also said go FASTER ! iAM SURE THAT CUB CADET CAN REDIRECT THE FLOW OF EXHAUST !!!!! :frown:

Cooli

Forum Newbie
Threads
Totally a design issue. I looked at other RZT (not S) and they shoot out sideways, not angled. my neighbor has a 1000 tractor and that too goes sideways.
Also the manual says slow down/stop before a zero turn. Which i did, and now have a perfect set of arched burn patches down the side of my lawn.
So yesterday, I went fast, almost reckless and watered twice. Lets see if they show up today.

Wonder how bad it will be in the dry summer months.

lastly blew 4 fuses...have a problem with a short in the PTO waiting on a call back from service.

How did this thing get rated a "best buy"?????

txzrider

Threads
Well you guys have convinced me I dodged a bullet when I bought my used Country Clipper!

Trad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just sent pictures, of lawn, to dealer, he is going to contact Cub Cadet and see if they can figure something out. That is a good question how did it get such high ratings???? I will post again when I hear back from dealer.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Quick fix until you get an answer is put a medal pipe elbow on the exhaust .
My power washer used to burn the grass until I unbolted the exhaust and pointed it straight up in the air .

Cooli

Forum Newbie
Threads
So just had the mover picked up for service on the PTO clutch (they have seen the short one other time). As for the exhust, we took a closer look. The directional piece screwed to the muffler (looks like a disk) seems to mounted too far clockwise, points to 5 o'clock. The interesting part is the assembler (factory) could have mounted it to 3-4 o'clock. The screw missed the proper screw holes. Why else would there be holes to move it more to 3-4 o'clock. I told the service guys and they should rotate it for me. This has to be a problem with the guy in the factory not mounting that disk properly. I'll let you know if that is the case when Ihear back from my dealer...

Trad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cooli
The service department rotated the plate my mower to the 3 o'clock position, but it still burn the grass when going slow, also when I use the flushing system on deck. Its like the exhaust hits the shields and frame just enough to channel some hot exhaust to ground.

Cooli

Forum Newbie
Threads
wow, mine must be really bad compared to yours. Anytime I do a zero turn, at a pretty good speed, I get a nice dead C a few days later. 3 o'clock has to be better, maybe even 1-2...Cub Cadet has to address this problem.