Life Expectancy

ihc_444

Threads
I have two Murrays that I bought in 98 and 99 that still run great and mow, well great for a Murray. My Mom is still using the new 11 hp Murray that Dad bought in '85 to to replace the Sears with (Bang for the buck you can't beat that little mower - proof that it is not the brand but how well you take care of it). And the Sears ST16 was new in '76 and still runs great, the mower deck is in perfect shape, if I could get the belt pulley thingy that converts the side shaft to the deck to align up right it would mow great (too many head butting contests with fence posts when I was younger - also resulting in breaking the fiberglass hood hinge mount).

Love this site!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... it is not the brand but how well you take care of it. ...

That has always been true...
I have seen some very expensive equipment destroyed because of the poor habits of some folks...
Reasonable care, will keep things preforming for a LONG time... :smile:KennyV

jteuban

Threads
well with lawn mowers you have to go by this "you get what you pay for" this is true for any peice of OPE you buy. If you buy a $90.00 trimmer and expect it to last for 20 years you are wrong. It is worth it in the long run to buy the good stuff like Stihl, Husky, Cub Cadet, Echo and others that are more built to last a long time. For newer mower the ex. is not very long because they are built cheap on a production line with cheap parts.