Problems With New Freedom Z

Billblake

Threads
Well, I got the best deal I could. The problem with that is I got it from some real clowns that pretend to be reputable dealers for Scag! I found that the big boss man was very nice to me and my wife, but after I sighed the dotted line.....WELL.....To hell with me!....I swear, It seems like Dr.Jeckyl & Mr.Hide. They delivered the brand new mower(Freedom Z 61") with the fuel gauge not working.....the seat was crooked & leaning to the left.....no hydraulic oil in the reservoir...... & now , worst of all, this mower makes one HELL of a loud chirping-squeling noise when it is on! The noise is ear piercing! It seems like it is coming from the idler under the seat....but it is hard to tell. The mower has 1 hour on it. The dealer will not pick it up unless I pay him a hefty price, because it is in the next county (10 miles too far). As for these clowns....I really don't want them touching it. I have heard some very bad reports from people who have dealt with them.....but this was after the fact......Always after the fact. WOW! Is this the way SCAG treats its customers? I will call SCAG Monday & find out for myself. I will keep posting on this. I am a very, very dissatisfied customer for sure....NO.....I am down right pissed!:thumbdown:

Billblake

Threads
Ok......I had repairs made to the clutch..... which made the LOUD chirping noise to stop. The bill comes to about a hundred bucks out of my pocket! It looks like SCAG pays nothing!!!! The dealer will pay nothing & the distributor pays nothing! The mower had one hour on it! I have to pay!.......... I'm sorry! What is wrong with this photo??????!!!!!!!!! It is like getting blood out of a rock!:mad:

WISCOPROUD

Threads
i used to be a scag dealer. scag & their distributor treats the dealer and customers like krap. sorry to say it but true. scag is a dirty word @ our shop:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Billblake

Threads
Well as for me, I will NEVER...NEVER! forget this. All that I am saying is very simple. If you buy something new then.....it should be new......NOT BROKEN! I talked to SCAG's customer service & it was pretty much like talking to a brick wall. He just sent me to the distributor & let me tell all....that was a joke for sure!......Absolutely no help from scag,distributor,&no help from the dealer. Bottom line.....No more scag for me thank you.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The OP was referring to a Scag mower called a Freedom Z and has not in 4 and 1/2 years had the maturity to followed up with the final conclusion to the situation.
Not following up on the resolve of a posted problem is at about 90% on forums like this. They wine and wine and then go away never to close out the situation.
Just a few thoughts from an old mech.

John R

Threads
The OP was referring to a Scag mower called a Freedom Z and has not in 4 and 1/2 years had the maturity to followed up with the final conclusion to the situation.
Not following up on the resolve of a posted problem is at about 90% on forums like this. They wine and wine and then go away never to close out the situation.
Just a few thoughts from an old mech.

I agree, it would be nice to hear what the results were.

mcdonell

Threads
I have not had any warranty service in the 2 years I have owned my Cheetah. My dealer seems great and they have done all my service work. I mainly wanted to keep the warranty in tack with the dealer doing my service. If the warranty and Scag are not going to stand behind their stuff, I will do my own service work. Has anyone had any issues with warranty work???

I agree Mad Mackie. If someone bothers a forum with their problems, they should at least come back with the final outcome. Whenever they don't return to let the forum know, I blow off their rants. In my view, they are being selfish and it causes me to question their motives and facts.