Black & Decker Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
  • / Black & Decker Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
GREETINGS to all Black & Decker mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower has a name :laughing:). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Black & Decker owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Black & Decker mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Black & Decker stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

rscamp

Threads
The little black box at the top of the mower: is that part of your battery management system?

Phil

Well, to some extent it is. It is an old AstroFlight Whattmeter Watt Meters : AstroFlight, Welcome to the AstroFlight online Store so it measures Voltage, Current, Power and Capacity. With the Capacity measurement, you basically have a fuel gauge - i.e. if you have a 15Ah battery and use 10Ah, you have 5Ah left.

This is a "balance-on-charge" arrangement where a hobby charger balances the LiPo battery pack as it is charged. Battery management consists of this balancing plus using the Whattmeter to ensure too much capacity isn't taken out of the pack (or to ensure the pack voltage doesn't get too low) in use...

Mark Widmer

Threads
Good to see B&D has gone back to having a gauge like they had on the CMM1000. Never understood why the CM1200 didn't have one.

Mark

rscamp

Threads
Good to see B&D has gone back to having a gauge like they had on the CMM1000. Never understood why the CM1200 didn't have one.

Mark

Do you mean the three position indicator light on the top of the battery box?

Mark Widmer

Threads
Do you mean the three position indicator light on the top of the battery box?
I meant the AstroFlight Whattmeter. But now that I reread your earlier post, it sounds like that is something you added yourself (or it came with the LiPo batteries you bought?) Pretty nice!

Even if all B&D provided were some indicator lights, that is better than nothing. It is so easy to damage these batteries by running them too long.

rscamp

Threads
I meant the AstroFlight Whattmeter. But now that I reread your earlier post, it sounds like that is something you added yourself (or it came with the LiPo batteries you bought?) Pretty nice!

Even if all B&D provided were some indicator lights, that is better than nothing. It is so easy to damage these batteries by running them too long.

That Whattmeter is something I bought - back in the early 90s! :) Today, you would probably get one of these:

HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Watt Meter & Power Analyzer /Watts up (Ver. 2)

Brinybay

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a B&D CMM1200 that I'm trying to make last another season by replacing the rear axle. The height adjustment wasn't holding because the sprockets were bent and beat. I've run into a snag in that I don't know how to remove the wheels.

Fesdwino

Forum Newbie
Threads
Checking in. Owned cordless mowers for 10 years +. Current mower is a CMM1000 converted in 2008 to a CMM1200s via a factory recall. On my second set of batteries and still going strong. Thanks to Mark for his blog site - saved me many $$$ by detailing how to repair a broken hinge pin on the switch lever.