Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mower
    Black and Decker

Re: Black & Decker Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Quote Originally Posted by Brinybay View Post
    Have a B&D CMM1200 that I'm trying to make last another season by replacing the rear axle. The height adjustment wasn't holding because the sprockets were bent and beat. I've run into a snag in that I don't know how to remove the wheels.
    I have the same problem! And there's nothing online about how to remove them. I started a post today asking if anyone can explain this proceedure.

Mower
    Black and Decker

Hi everyone. I ordered a few little parts from Servicenet for my CMM1200/2a this week and something funny happened. The new front wheels showed up and they were a different color than the originals and didn't match the old rear wheels. So I called the B&D service center in Toledo, hoping that they would waive the shipping charge on some rear wheels and a set of 4 hub caps. When I explained what happened, the service center guy said that he would send me the wheels and hub caps free of charge. I started wondering if he gave me those wheels because I was the first person who had ever called looking for parts to keep his old B&D mower looking sharp with matching wheels. But surely I can't be the only CMM enthusiast out there! So I decided to have another look for a forum of like minded B&D owners. I have looked a forum like this every 3 to 5 years when trying to decide which replacement batteries to get. I am glad that I finally found one!

Mower
    Black and Decker

I have a CMM1000 Series 4 and can't remember how long I've had it. Have changed batteries many times. By making voltage measurements and because the charging circuitry still works, I think I need a new switch. My wife said the mower smoked when it wouldn't start, but I see no sign of anything burnt.

Mower
    MM275

Hello all. I'm Brian from Schenectady Ny. I have an LM175. Corded electric. I picked it up from a garage sale for $10.
    LM175_1.jpg

Mower
    Black and Decker

Thanks for helping to make this forum available

Mower
    CMM1200

Hello,

New to the thread, I have owned a CMM1200 for about 6 or 7 years. Replaced the original batteries last year with a lithium ion battery that I built from a salvaged Nissan Leaf. I added a volt meter, ammeter, coulomb counter, and capacitor meter and added a few stickers "I leaf no emissions" and "solar powered". I usually recharge with solar panels. I just took a terrible picture as its night time, but I'll upload it mow and add a better one later.[ATTACH]27144
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mower
    Black and Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Filek View Post
    Hello,

New to the thread, I have owned a CMM1200 for about 6 or 7 years. Replaced the original batteries last year with a lithium ion battery that I built from a salvaged Nissan Leaf. I added a volt meter, ammeter, coulomb counter, and capacitor meter and added a few stickers "I leaf no emissions" and "solar powered". I usually recharge with solar panels. I just took a terrible picture as its night time, but I'll upload it mow and add a better one later.[ATTACH]27144

THIS is the kind of fanatical devotion that the CMM series has been lacking. What a great upgrade! Please post a write up on the Li batteries. I would like some more details on how to do that.

Mower
    CMM1200

Quote Originally Posted by petehouk View Post
    THIS is the kind of fanatical devotion that the CMM series has been lacking. What a great upgrade! Please post a write up on the Li batteries. I would like some more details on how to do that.
    I could do that in the next few days. I do have a few pics of the process, but as I was building the battery, I wasn't thinking of putting a write up anywhere so I didn't do a great job of documenting. I guess the best way to do it would be to start a new thread?

The best thing is that there are more of the batteries available that I used so others could copy my build and enjoy a supercharged electric lawnmower as well.

I don't think I put the specs in my first write up, but the battery is 24 volt (25.2 fully charged) and 30 amp hour so it has much more capcity than the original. The battery can supply up to 120 amps continuously and even more for a few seconds. It is rare that the mower calls for more than 30 amos, but I have seen the amp meter hit 66 a few times (the poor motor!)

Mower
    I Don't Own a Mower :(

Really, it is the nice arrangement of knowing about the many kinds of Black & Decker. Some one suggested to me to see this Decker for my garden. Finally I take it and really it works well. Try it.

Mower
    Honda

Quote Originally Posted by devidmarkman View Post
    Really, it is the nice arrangement of knowing about the many kinds of Black & Decker. Some one suggested to me to see this Decker for my garden. Finally I take it and really it works well. Try it.
    Iím excited to try this methods on a new bed we will add this fall. choose a best self propelled lawn mower 2015 - 2016