Ferris Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

edward6967

Forum Newbie
Threads
Intro from another Ferris Owner

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower]

Hello I'm Ed Padget from Huntsville, AL. I recently purchased the IS700 Zero Turn mower. I stepped up from a Husquvarna 2147 Rider. So far the experience has been really good in respect to how fast it mows, how even it mows, ease of use, ruggedized chasis etc. It's all things good except one minor issue.

My only issue is the grass clippings it shoots out looks really bad on the ground after I'm done mowing. I've invested a lot of time and money in the landscape of my yard so to have grass clippings all over the place just drives me nuts. My old system had a bagger. Paying $2500 more dollars for a bagger seemed way out of bounds considering I just dropped a little over 6K for the mower. So I'd like to find out what others may have done to lessen the grass clippings issue? Are there other options other than a twenty-five hundred bagger? Would a mulcher (another $350.00) make a noticeable difference? What other options are there? Thanks for any input.

Buckethead

Threads
Re: Intro from another Ferris Owner

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower]

Hello I'm Ed Padget from Huntsville, AL. I recently purchased the IS700 Zero Turn mower. I stepped up from a Husquvarna 2147 Rider. So far the experience has been really good in respect to how fast it mows, how even it mows, ease of use, ruggedized chasis etc. It's all things good except one minor issue.

My only issue is the grass clippings it shoots out looks really bad on the ground after I'm done mowing. I've invested a lot of time and money in the landscape of my yard so to have grass clippings all over the place just drives me nuts. My old system had a bagger. Paying $2500 more dollars for a bagger seemed way out of bounds considering I just dropped a little over 6K for the mower. So I'd like to find out what others may have done to lessen the grass clippings issue? Are there other options other than a twenty-five hundred bagger? Would a mulcher (another $350.00) make a noticeable difference? What other options are there? Thanks for any input.[/QUO

Buckethead

Threads
Hi Ed, I think the only way to avoid lots of clippings without paying more for extras is to mow befor it gets too high. My grass was a little higher than I usually let it get and I also noticed clippings laying around. I tried mowing back and forth which is easy on a zero turn but you don't spread out the clippings like going in a circle always blowing the grass out.

edward6967

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Ed, I think the only way to avoid lots of clippings without paying more for extras is to mow befor it gets too high. My grass was a little higher than I usually let it get and I also noticed clippings laying around. I tried mowing back and forth which is easy on a zero turn but you don't spread out the clippings like going in a circle always blowing the grass out.[/QUOTE

Thanks for responding. I didn't explain my issue correctly. What I mean to say is the mower is pulling up all the dead thatch that is beneath the grass, so combined with the grass clippings and the added thatch it just looks really messy across the lawn.

Ardy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ferris 1000z - Aussie Owner

Hi All bought my Ferris from a mate who was moving off an acreage. Great machine except I am on sloping ground and I have to be careful on it.

Got a small problem at the moment and the repairmen in my area are not great on Ferris so I thought I would joing and get some ideas first to take with me.

I find it - FAST - COMFORTABLE - GOOD ON BELTS NOW i HAVE CHANGED THEM - MOWS WELL. I also use a ferrari tractor and mower to do the steep bits.

regards to all.

Ardy

Resurrected1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a new IS2100, yesterday.....to replace the Ariens ICON X 52 that I purchased the week before. I did too little research and bought the wrong mower, the first time around. So far (after ~1.5 hrs on the clock) it is a night & day difference. MUCH smoother with the suspension. This is my first riding mower...well, technically 2nd. I just bought and moved onto 10 acres....of which 4-5 I am mowing. Anyway, I'll be reading up and studying as much as possible.

mowing addict

Forum Newbie
Threads
Newbie here i just bought my first Ferris in February!!!!!!!!!!!! i have 2.5 acres to mow so i got the is700z with a 61" cut and 27hp briggs. i now have 16 hours on it and i have enjoyed every minute i dont have any pictures yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Svadilfar

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member from Norway here,

I bought my new mower from a company that had gone bankrupt, so I got it for a smile and a song. It had only 75 hour on the meter. It is a Ferris Evolution with a 36" deck, which is perfect as it can pass through the narrow gaps in my garden wall.

I used the mower only three times when the hydro drive belt broke. Rats. Ordered a new one from the US through a local Ferris dealer. Only later did I understand that these belts are now made by Continental's ConTech division. They are called SilentSync and can be obtained much cheaper and quicker through a European Continental dealer. Ah well. Next time!

I look forward to sharing experiences and learning from my fellow Ferris owners!

FullSizeRender.jpg

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bought my Ferris in 2000 so its 17 years old and its very trouble free and mows just as good now as the day I bought it. Mine has the Kohler command engine and the only problem I have had with that is bad coils.