Ferris Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

glg

Forum Newbie
Threads
on the tractor.JPG

IS 3200 with 37hp Kaw and a 72" pass.

CowPastor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought an is2100z 61" deck and 26hp Vanguard motor. I have 16 acres of which I will mow half and bushhog half. Mower is much smoother riding than the others I tested.

Viperous

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey, fellow forum members!

Our Ferris is an ancient one :tongue: one of the first ones to have a sulky seat attached to the back. I'm not sure what model it is, and I'll try to get some pics posted soon. We paid $600 CAD for it about 3 years ago, and that seems to have been way too much for the amount of work we have to put into it. Looks like we'll be shopping around for a new one in the near future. I worked in lawn maintenance for almost 4 years, so I think I know a bit about mowers :tongue:

Josh

Viperous

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Intro from another Ferris Owner

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower]

Hello I'm Ed Padget from Huntsville, AL. I recently purchased the IS700 Zero Turn mower. I stepped up from a Husquvarna 2147 Rider. So far the experience has been really good in respect to how fast it mows, how even it mows, ease of use, ruggedized chasis etc. It's all things good except one minor issue.

My only issue is the grass clippings it shoots out looks really bad on the ground after I'm done mowing. I've invested a lot of time and money in the landscape of my yard so to have grass clippings all over the place just drives me nuts. My old system had a bagger. Paying $2500 more dollars for a bagger seemed way out of bounds considering I just dropped a little over 6K for the mower. So I'd like to find out what others may have done to lessen the grass clippings issue? Are there other options other than a twenty-five hundred bagger? Would a mulcher (another $350.00) make a noticeable difference? What other options are there? Thanks for any input.

Have you considered using tiger blades? They cut your clippings into much smaller pieces that hide way better in your lawn.

dgoner

Forum Newbie
Threads
New Ferris owner here in Indiana. I picked up a new IS700Z with 61" deck for a fathers day gift to myself lol. I have just under 5 acres to mow and it was getting really old trying to keep up on a 42" Craftsman YS4500 riding mower. 5 - 6 hours of cutting on that Craftsman and it is approaching 11 years old with 512 hours on it. Recently I've been spending as much time fixing it as I have been cutting the grass so I figured it was time to upgrade to a commercial mower. I looked at the Scag Patriot, the Husqvarna MZT 61, and the Ferris IS700Z. I decided on the Ferris mainly because of it's ride quality and my local dealer is excellent. I might have gone with the Scag but my local Scag dealer leaves a lot to be desired in the customer service department.

sleek06vrod

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have a IS2500Z Diesel that I use to mow just under 4 acres. I have some pretty intense hills and have been toying with the idea of adding tracks to my mower for side hill stability and traction. ferris is2500z.JPG

gentry

Forum Newbie
Threads
IS2100Z in 2015 with Kawasaki 26hp all is good except the controls seem to be getting stiff, harder to move.
Anybody have this problem?

Viperous

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, here are the pictures I promised you. Hope you might be able to figure out what this machine is :tongue:

20170622_142916.jpg

20170622_142905.jpg

20170622_142857.jpg

sparky357

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just want to say thank you for the chance to share with those who have the same interest. I bought new Ferris IS2100EFI last year and simply love it. Located in South Carolina which has a long grass growing season.

ortiesdad

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've purchased a IS2600Z with Yanmar diesel engine and it's time for my first oil change. Can anyone recommend what synthetic oil and appropriate filter to use? Live in PA and cutting only about 4 acres per week.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
Irwin, PA