free wisconsin robin 2cycle snapper!!!

Fireman 123

Threads
Snapperfreak said:
i like that lawn striper! where did u find that???

http://www.m-and-d.com/MD-ROLL1.html

It works good. Tight places are a little tricky though. The tube is filled with sand. It's 4" I believe. Toro makes a nice walk-behind striping unit, but costs a little more.

sammyslab

Forum Newbie
Threads
Want to really drool?...there is a PERFECT-condition old Snapper with the W/R WI-185 5hp on ebay right now for $249. The full commercial model. If i had to guess, 21R00PC. If i knew how to add a link i would but am dumb. U gotta look it up though it looks like it was in the garage since day one. Totally worth the money. O ya the bad news, it's in North Dakota. No shipping. I can't even look at it anymore i'm so jealous. I would buy it in a heartbeat if i wasn't 1500 miles away.:mad:

Hi Snapperfreak... I was going to tell you that I have an original Snapper 4hp Wisconsin-Robin 2 cycle self propelled mower. I bought it new in either 1988 or 1989. I never used it very much but it's always been a great little mower. Your White collection bag with the black lettering is identical to the one that came with mine. I still have it but have rarely used it. The deck on mine is steel not aluminum. It's too danged heavy to be aluminum. I bought the mower from an ACE Hdwr / Snapper dealer in Corbin, KY and used it in KY maybe a couple of times a year (used a weed trimmer instead) until we moved to Tennessee last year. Many of the years living in KY, the Snapper was only started once a year and run for a few minutes and then put away in the garage. I've used it more this past year than in all the years combined back to the original purchase date.
Also, the throttle on mine is black, not red if you are looking for originality. The only issue I've had with mine was a leak in the fuel tank several years ago. The tank is plastic and split for some odd reason. I replaced the tank from Snapper parts (cost of tank $105). At the time, I probably wouldn't have paid that for the tank because of the limited use but my wife picked it up.
I have a couple of those Snapper (?) Ninja blades that are great for mulching leaves here in Middle TN. I still have the original blade that came on the mower as well.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Wow sammyslab that's great that you still have your snapper that you bought new! I'd love to see pics of that if you get the chance sometime! I always enjoy finding mowers from their original owners or their family members and the stories that often go with them. A lot has changed with my collection since I first posted this thread over 5 years ago. That particular 2-cycle mower I don't have anymore but I do have one in much better shape...plus 16 others...and a couple Hondas. But as I found ones in better condition I'd part others out or make one good one out of two, stuff like that. 6 of my current 19 mowers came from their original owners. I could go on and on with those stories....

Yes yours is definetly a steel deck if you purchased it in '88 or '89, aluminum decks ended in '79 or '80. And I think the red throttles that the Robin snappers came with switched to black in '88 or '89, my 145 snapper is an '89 (from the original owner's grandson) and it had a black throttle. I did switch it to red though. That hardware store you bought it from, we have those here too and I remember vividly seeing them for sale in the local one we used to shop at. I was about 10 at the time. I was such a freak back then. Glad you dug up this old thread, love your personal snapper story!