Problem with JX75

calgacus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi!

I have a JX75 lawnmower that seems to be working a little oddly. The engine starts just fine, but when I engage the blade it doesn't make the same sound it used to. Before there was a slight pause and then a much louder continuous roar. Now the sound of the mower is quieter with the blade running than it is without the blade on. It still seems to be cutting the grass as well as it did before. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

x304

Forum Newbie
Threads
I too have a JX75, it's about 10 years old. Last year it started to make a loud noise when the blades were disengaged. I found that I hit a rock about the size of a baseball and since then it made that noise. I went out and bought a new blade and the noise isn't as bad but still there. If you tilt the mower forward and look underneath it with the blades turned off you'll see a shakey vibrating from the engine shaft going to the clutch. I would ask you local Deere dealer. My noise isn't as bad and it cuts great. I also found they no longer make a mower even half as good as ours, so don't ditch it.

X304

calgacus

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had issues hitting rocks before, and had to have a couple of replacement parts as a result, but I didn't notice hitting any rocks this time. Plus the problem here is that the blade isn't making the noise it normally used to, which seems strange to me.