Grasshopper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
GREETINGS to all Grasshopper mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Grasshopper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Grasshopper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Grasshopper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

vpistrit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a member for a few months but have not paid much attention to this forum until now. I bought a used grasshopper model (612) a few yeas ago after being frustrated with the "Lowes special riding mowers". It was the best thing I ever did to make mowing of my 1 acre property easier. It's now FUN to cut the grass. :biggrin:

I had never experineced a zero turn mower and was impressed on how simple it is to use. I'd like to use is for all my yard chores. However, I have had trouble finding attachments for this model 612, as I discovered that the manufacturer has discontinued it. Does anyone have any suggestions for locating attachments for this unit? Specifically leaf-grass bagger / mulch attachment.

Thanks.

173abn

Threads
vpistrit,have you tried craigslist? In my area I see attachments from time to time for grasshoppers russ

zsqure

Threads
Check that big auction site, what attachments are you interested in?

zsqure

Threads
Hi I'm not new to Grasshoppers, as we had them in the 80's when i was in h.s. and college and always wanted one of my own. I resisted the urge to get a walker because I always saw lots of walkers at the repair shop over the weekend (an awful lot of oil changes going on). Happy with my 720k, the only thing better would be one with the Kubota gas or diesel, gemini drive and flip deck. I need to learn as much as possible about the hydros cause they r quite expensive to replace.

michics

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi to All,

I'm new to this site, however been cutting grass for over 40 years. Currently have a Grasshopper 124 w/ 48" ZTR. Bought it used last year with just 100 hrs. Been trouble free so far. Been thinking of doing a few lawns in retirement so this was a purchase towards that goal.

Mike

geoff

Threads
GREETINGS to all Grasshopper mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Grasshopper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Grasshopper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Grasshopper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hello Fellow mowers... looking forward to sharing ideas and resolving problems. I have a Simplicity Mower but just purchased a used Grasshopper 721D and Dixon Zero turns mowers... hoping to get some information on these models... Thanks

Geoff

josh46970

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm new to this forum just about 5 minutes now. I have a 1986 Grasshopper Model 1820 that I took off my friends hands last summer. I love working on mechanical things and well this mower is definitly a "THING". Just like cars, this mower is extremely simple to work on due to it's age. But just like cars all these little things are leading up to a pretty costly hobby. I rewired the entire mower and went through the motor last summer. I ended up mowing in the fall with it until the deck decided to fall apart on me. I put it in the shed for the winter and decided to pull it out this spring and started looking for a deck for it. The Grasshopper dealer wanted $1200 just for a blank 61" deck, nothing else. I laughed at them and said the mower isn't worth $400. So I started looking online and found a 44" deck and got the "THING" running again. I'm wanting to strip it down and either powder coat everything or just paint everything. I'm just afraid I'm going to get it all cleaned up and the hydro's will go out. Is it true they are not rebuildable? I just can't believe they are not rebuildable. I would like to find some more attachments for it before I get it painted like a vac system and a dozer blade.

bufford

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have never ridden on a mower that is not a Grasshopper. Drove my fathers mowers early on. The first was an old mint green machine of a vintage I can't remember then an 1822 during most of my youth. I bought my own first Grasshopper a 1996 718 2 years before I had a lawn to mow with it (I let my father use it in the mean time). When I did get a house I put a snowblower on it. I just sold that machine and bought a 1999 721D2 with a grass catcher, snowblower and a winter enclosure. Love the Brown and Tan.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... I just sold that machine and bought a 1999 721D2 with a grass catcher, snowblower and a winter enclosure. Love the Brown and Tan.

Got to Love a Diesel powered mower..... :smile:KennyV