Scag Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
GREETINGS to all Scag mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Scag owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Scag mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Scag stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, I'll be the first to reply. Hi, I am Bill and I own a 2003 Tiger Cub that I purchased on Ebay a few years ago. My Cub has performed well except this year it started to burn very rich emitting black smoke with varying rpm and eventually no power. I rebuilt the carb twice with no change. I happened to be at a dealer looking at Bob Cats and told the owner my problem. He said it was a dirty air filter and I said "no-can't be, it's clean." I added my hours over the last three years and it totaled 100 which is the point he said you must change the air filter. I went home and replace my air filter-well, I was wrong and he was very correct in his evaluation. My Cub runs wonderful now. Now, it's your turn to reply........

S_Perreault

Threads
Hi

I'm Scott - i have a Tiger Cub as well

I don't replace the air filter nearly that often (three times in 1600 hrs)
Mine was new when i got it though and i tap or blow out the filter every 50 hrs.
I'll bet your new one lasts awhile

One thing you might want to check....

Under the seat where there are 2 springs with the pins that hold the seat up off of the safety switch (when no one is on the mower)...

One of the springs is located over the hydraulic hose on the left side under the yellow plate - i punctured that hose by bouncing up and down over bumps and that pin was hitting the hose - it drained the fluid and broke the right side pump from lack of lube:eek:

$610 hydraulic pump - (i replaced it myself otherwise another $200-300 labor)

just remove that left side spring and pin and the other spring is stong enough to still work

Attachments

• SCAG 021.jpg
    SCAG 021.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 238

Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Scott: That is a nasty looking pic. I'll check my Cub out tomorrow for the same condition. I certainly don't want to spend 600 bucks on a preventable condition. Thanks for the hint. Bill

lizard

Threads
Here good reports in Australia of the 'Scag'.......but you need to check your machine regularly...its called Preventative maintainence!:licking:

2810guy

Threads
Good day all! I'm new here but not to the mowing issue. I'm not a comercial mower my no means but we mow 37 acres or so a week at home and then the neighbors if and when i can beat them to the draw. We mow with a Skaq tigercat 60" and a 72"kk rear discharge on the backside of my Mahindra 2810HST. My wife has Alzheimers but mows almost every week with me. The Mahindra is great match for her with just one pedal operation, she follows me and we can take down serious grass. She likes to do it, it makes her feel worthy and I love her working with me

Attachments

• moto_0162.jpg
    moto_0162.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 99
  • moto_0164.jpg
    moto_0164.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Patti mowing 005.jpg
    Patti mowing 005.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 106
  • My tractor 005.jpg
    My tractor 005.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 81

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
2810guy Welcome to the Forum...
Those are both GREAT mowing riggs...
I especially like the tiger, is it diesel powered? :smile:.. :smile:KennyV

2810guy

Threads
2810guy Welcome to the Forum...
Those are both GREAT mowing riggs...
I especially like the tiger, is it diesel powered? :smile:.. :smile:KennyV

Unfortunately no, the price between the CAT and the Kohler was just to far out of reach. Around 5000$ to far but i like the kohler. Looking forward to mowing again in the spring if it ever comes. . . .John :thumbsup:

bruceleeroy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Older scag owner here. Bought it used and put a brand new engine in it about 2 years ago. 60" cut and love the speed! Takes me about 1/3 the time as it does my neighbor on his brand new shiny red mower with a 42" or something. :)

Bama01

Forum Newbie
Threads
:thumbdown:hi, i'm jerel i have problem with my scag i replace my starter but it just clicks with i turn key.
GREETINGS to all Scag mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Scag owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Scag mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Scag stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.