Simplicity Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Mick Oz

Threads
Hi, my name is Mick, I live in the far north or Australia. I have a viking mt830 which at different times ive been told was a Stihl and a Murray and a Simplicity, but the only name I ever found on it was Viking and Simplicity. The Simplicity label is on an electronic part next to the solenoid.

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3045.jpg
    IMG_3045.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 5
U

unclecrash

Hello everyone new to the forum. Brother just picked up a consumer Simplicity 1694455 zeroturn I will be servicing and using. It is the 50inch deck with power blower which Im going to be needing parts to attach it a few things missing. All ready did some deck repair and have fixed quite a few things all ready. my next job will be trying to level the deck. I just checked and @ the 4.5inch height it is cutting way too short so I checked with a tape measure and it is at 3inch give or take. My question is if I follow the steps in the user manual for leveling the deck will it get my height back to 4.5 or is there a better way to go about it. Thanks Dave ps going for food will check back in a while need this done today hopefully someone can sort me out. Have to cut a couple yards tomorrow.

Attachments

• simplicity zeroturn.jpg
    simplicity zeroturn.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo071simplicity mower.jpg
    Photo071simplicity mower.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo072  simplicity zeroturn.jpg
    Photo072 simplicity zeroturn.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes following the manuals instructions will allow you to fix the height.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi, my name is Mick, I live in the far north or Australia. I have a viking mt830 which at different times ive been told was a Stihl and a Murray and a Simplicity, but the only name I ever found on it was Viking and Simplicity. The Simplicity label is on an electronic part next to the solenoid.

Viking was the house brand of Sthil
As such it was a cheap throw away mower to drag customers into Stihl shops so they could sell you some Stihl products.
In OZ they dropped the Viking line when they started selling that discusting World Lawn **** .
All of the Vikings I have worked on were made by Murray ans being a cheap house brand I seriously doubt that they would have got Simplicity to make them as Simplicity made mowers that defineately were not simple and not cheap.

U

unclecrash

Yes following the manuals instructions will allow you to fix the height.
Well I followed all steps and it didnt get me back to 4.5 inch cut on high setting still around 3.5. i think they are leaving a few steps out. I don't have instructions in front of me but I believe it tells you to level side to side using the back eye bolts if the are out more than an eight inch or so on the fourth setting. What I think it should say is level it up to 4 inch at tips of blade using the eyebolts. with it set in the fourth height adjustment hole. Who ever owned it beat it up bad the front bars which hold the front on were welded and look as if they were broke seems like it would be real hard to snap them but the front scalp wheel was bent bad and the front corner of the front plates i had to fix and the back roller bar was like a horse shoe and the deck bent in. The front of the deck was way out of wack meaning rods were way long putting the front way down. I put them back to stock and it got me my quarter inch higher as specs say. The two stationary rods I believe D were out by a quarter inch. Wondering if they make a good service manual which will allow me to service all pumps and deck to stock specs. The deck raise bar it tells you not to touch well Im sure it probably has been because it was scalping so I took a better look at how the mechanics of raising the deck were setup and found that by adjusting the deck raising bar will hold the roller bar down better to keep the back from scalping. Before I messed with it you could lift the roller bar to within an inch of the blade height.now Im at about two inch or more so it should keep the back up higher when I hit the good size double hump.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
No manual is going to tell you how to adjust an inch. You have to take the instructions and tweek them to fit your needs. And wow that sounds like the where mowing a mine field.

U

unclecrash

Ya they busted it up pretty good. Maybe backed into a big stump on the back and who knows what they hit in the front. It cut pretty good after I leveled the deck and stuff. Tomorrow Im going to see about raising the eye bolts up in the back and rechecking everything.

Thodge

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. I'm a "new to me" 2016 Simplicity Broadmoor 22-44 owner. I purchased her with only 38 hours on the clock. She came with the mulching kit and with Gator G5 blades already installed. Sadly on the very first mowing, a continuous windrow was being generated on the Shute end of the deck. So I took the deck off, removed the Gator blades and the mulch kit and returned it to the original stock deck configuration. Now with second mowing I'm completely happy with the performance. No windrows to be found and the clippings are sprayed so evenly you really can't see them.

I'm plannng on reinstalling the Gator blades only to see if there is any difference.

Any suggestions for operation or maintenance are most welcome!

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Viking was a trade brand of Stihl the logic being the single brand Stihl chain saw shops would also have mowers to sell.
Stihl now have a trade arrangement with Honda for push mowers & World Lawn for garbage ride ons.
Viking makes nothing it designs things and gets them made for them.
In this case it was Murry who made your mower so Murry parts will fit it.
Murry went belly up some time back & Stihl abandoned the whole Viking thing down here although I think they are continuing with the Viking brand in the EU

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

Just enrolled into this forum. I've just bought a Simplicity 728 Broadmoor mower that came with snow thrower and a tiller.

Could someone post a picture of the carburetor, mine is missing something on the end of the carb. I have the air cleaner on the top, however, on the end of the carb, it's wide open to the great outdoors.

Clearly something is missing and I'm just not sure what I need.

Thanks in advance

Jamie from Michigan