Troy-Bilt Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

chucketn

Threads
Hello ,
Purchased few days ago a Troy Built TB 42 , replacing a Craftsman Model 917.271022 , lol not be able to cut grass in reverse I seen reviews . Well thats been bypassed . So got to get used the Fwd / Rev lever on other side of the rider. So far whats is great .... a Cup holder !!! hahah

I also figured out how to defeat the 'no mow in reverse'. cup holder is kinda usless unless you like flat beer or soda, though. I guess it's o.k. if you just drink water while mowing, but there's no fun in that...

Chuck

boonewalker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All
First time user-

I have a Troy bilt Horse which was given to me last year from neighbor I hunt with, hasn't been used for 10 yrs. I got tiller running and used last year and it is a Horse! Came with tiller, furrower, kickstand, hitch bracket and couple other pieces not sure of. Also log splitter which I just fired up yesterday and worked great. Question is I looked everywhere on line for manual for splitter. There is a inline filter on splitter which likely may need to replace.
Questions for help needed.
1. Manual for splitter
2. Inline filter on Splitter, concerned may not be good. Thinking about removing until I find one and run without or bad idea.
3. The hoses on the side where hydraulic tank is uses hose clamps not hydraulic fittings like the other side. I am working on replacing the tank side hose just for safety reasons. The other side looks good.

Odd thing is splitter model is DIDIER L2000 but the label on top of splitter cylinder says Garden way mfg if manual needed.

See pics for splitter model

Thanks!

Attachments

• Horse with splitter.jpg
    Horse with splitter.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 8
  • splitter model.jpg
    splitter model.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 3
  • inline splitter filter.jpg
    inline splitter filter.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1561(1).jpg
    IMG_1561(1).jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 2

gdavenport@comcast.net

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Troy-Bilt owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower or tiller (that is, if your mower or tiller have names :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Troy-Bilt owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Troy-Bilt mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Troy-Bilt stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

My 42" Troy Bilt RZT lawn tractor's left drive wheel will not turn. I believe it is a parking brake problem. Got any ideas?

jimtoo

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 42" Troy Bilt RZT lawn tractor's left drive wheel will not turn. I believe it is a parking brake problem. Got any ideas?

Well,, I have exactly the same mower and my right rear drive wheel will not turn forward or reverse. I had been doing a little mowing, disengaged blades, was going slowly to storage area, stopped to look at something, did not turn off or get off mower, just released handles to neutral position. Moved handles forward to make mower move and the right rear drive will not turn. Left will turn and pull mower in circle. When right is moved forward or to rear it makes a loud sound like it is trying by something is locking it.

I am going to pull wheel in the morning and check for loose rod that maybe holds locking arm or whatever it's called. I have been looking at the pro-service manual and that is about the only thing I can find/see in the manual that might cause this problem.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Jim

bobesworthy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I have a 50" Super Bronco Lawn Tractor and love it. I've had it for almost 3 years and the only issues I've had was having to replace a drive belt after a hidden stump shredded it. I've also replaced the deck wheels as they have just worn out from normal use. Tires are probably going to be replaced this coming season. I'm actually still running the original battery. I have a feeling I will now have to replace it this coming season. Anyway, I use it for everything and love it!

Ckevg1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought an old used Troy Bilt LTX 1842. Runs great, just a little underpowered because the engine was replaced with a new 14hp instead of the 18hp.

ddubia

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Troy-Bilt owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower or tiller (that is, if your mower or tiller have names :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

New to the forum. I just bought a Troy-Bilt TB130 XP. It has a Honda engine. It's still in the box until tomorrow. I'll be back with questions I'm sure after I read through the threads.

tgoldrick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, Im Tom. I just joined the forum, I can see that I will be a frequent visitor to the site. I am here today because my inherited 1976 Trot-Bilt pony rototiller with a 4hp briggs and stratton engine model 100292-0536. I went to get the tiller ready to get our vegatable garden ready the old girl barely ran. I checked it out and the governor spring had "sprung" (sorry) and had broken. Getting another spring was easy, one end obviously goes where the unbroken end of the spring was hanging off of the governor arm. Where does the other end of the spring attach? It know it is right there in front of me but I'm just not seeing it. Any help WILL be appreciated.

Tom

Last edited:

RPM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all. My name is RPM . My initials, Really!
I just got a Horse, serial number 551629, purchased by my sister in law in 1982. In around 2007 they replaced the Tecumseh engine with a Kohler Command Pro 6.
I am confused though. I suspect the shop that replaced the motor didn't know Troy Bill's. I have the manual and everything I read about the belt says there is one belt that you move between pulleys to adjust the speed.
Is there any reason it should have 2 belts? Because it does! Each pulley has a belt on it.

Mannster

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey, new user here checking in. I live in Virginia. My first Troybilt was bought back in 2010, a 20hp horse xp. Still have it up at our cabin on a mountain. Works great. Just bought a new 26hp Troybilt for home and love it. Seems like I've done a lot of work on my troybilt and know it pretty well which is why I bought a second one.

A couple of years ago I bought a snow blade for shoveling our 850' driveway. That worked well on the 20hp but I'm excited to try it on the 26hp. I just put classic tractor tires on the new one and they make all the difference mowing on my hills.IMG_0340.jpgIMG_0372.jpg