Snapper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

dwaldo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Checking in.....I own a Snapper RER and a Snapper ninja that I re-powered when the original engine wore out. I am a big fan of the simple drive system on the snappers and have used them for over 20 years. My first snapper was given to me when my neighbor moved as he did not want to take it with him. I think they are some of the best built mowers out there.

CrisisMower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey! I just moved into a new house with about a half acre yard. It's small enough to push mow, but the previous owner fertilized four times a year, and with all the rain we've had, it takes about 4 days to.get long and shaggy. My neighbors are retired and semi-retired, so their lawns are always perfect. I work during the week, so my lawn was always the ugly one in the middle. When I solve problems like this I tend to go overboard, so I got a Snapper 360z with a Kawasaki and the 42" fabricated deck. I only got that deck because it just barely fits into my shed, but that deck has some suction to it. I'm pretty sure I could just mulch the kids' toys into the lawn. I can do the front, side and back in about an hour including trimming. Maybe a bit more. I ran over some stuff, put some scars into the earth, and backed into my sun porch a little bit, but I think I have the hang of it now. I call it Mowie. Short for Mowrice.

Attachments

• 20170529_185130.jpg
    20170529_185130.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 9

Snapchatter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Forums
My name is Jim. I'm in Waco, Texas. I just bought a project 28" Snapper HiVac. Don't know a darn thing about it which is why I joined up here. Hopefully y'all can help me with this thing. It runs, drives and mows but definitely needs work. My plan is to completely disassemble, powdercoat it and refurbish all the wear parts. When it's all done it will be my goto yard machine.

I look forward to chatting with everyone here.

Attachments

• IMG_1725.jpg
    IMG_1725.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 17

mattm55

Threads
Welcome Waco-Jim.

Looks like a workable RER you have there. Take lots of pics while disassembling as you tend to forget as the time passes on reassembly. Luckily I had pics for the cable routing and deck which helped.

Enjoy, Matt

TimH

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, Just bought a barn find for 100 bucks. Had it running in less than a hour. I live in NW Ohio and am a Honda Motorcycle dealer. Not new to bringing old garden tractors back to life. Already had 3 Wheel Horse tractors that I restored. Always want a Snapper Big thing is I know very little about what I bought Only it has a twin Cyl. Kohler Any help would be very nice. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1439.JPG
    IMG_1439.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 13

snapper71753

Forum Newbie
Threads
Checking in as a new member.

I'm mowing about 1/2 acre and I have a 28" Hi Vac riding snapper mower. It's been a good one!

Alansd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all.
I found a one owner 1973 Snapper Comet near me for cheap $$ and brought it home.
Engine has been replaced with a Tecumseh XL 8HP. Took me a week of messing around to realize the throttle is backwards. When I pushed it up to Start it wouldn't.
In RUN it will start, but only on carb cleaner. Does not pull gas. Looking to replace or rebuild the carb soon. I got it off yesterday. Sitting on the workbench.

The owner was a car mechanic whose Dad bought the thing new. He took great care of it and parked it when he got gifted a new riding mower. The fluids were all drained and so it was stored well.

Anyway here she is as she sits. Hope to get it running good and then I will repaint the red and white and maybe add the decals.

I like old stuff from the 60s and 70s. I have two cars and an old Camping Trailer from that era.

DSC_1694.jpg

twowheelinjim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good day all, I'm new to the forum. My name is Jim. As of lately i have had a hankering to find an old Snapper Comet to mow my lawn and possibly restore this winter. So far in my search I have managed to drag home an older comet and a newer 1333 riding mower. And this fine morning, I was offered a dozer blade for the comet....I'm very excited to say the least and that's what has brought me here. I'm searching for information. I had always wondered what the attachment points were designed for in the front end.
I'm very happy to have found this forum and looking forward to meeting y'all.

Alansd

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am working on my Comet, just rebuilt the carb. I got it to start on starting fluid but the gas was not getting in to keep it running.. Got the kit and did it today. Raining so I cant get out and start it up,, hopefully it will.

I think your attachment points are for the handles to lift the mower. It can be stored standing up on the rear end.

Funny thing I was visiting an old friend, who has similar passions as I do. Old Volkswagens, Airstream, and guitar playing. We are like minded.
I told him I had bought a Snapper Comet , 1973 model. He took me to his barn where he had the same exact mower, year model and all. He has used it on the farm for 20 years.

crazy huh?

Snapperfreak

Threads
Latest pics of the fleet. 17 Snapper. 2 Honda. All tucked away, grouped accordingly. Bags are all nos, plus another half dozen or so packed away in a plastic container. Not even looking for more, finally found all the ones I've been hunting for. Drove a lot of miles to accomplish that however. Two trips to the middle of Oregon, twice to Nevada, and all over my area. Been fun but think I'm done actively searching. Never turn a good cheap or free one away of course but I got the ones I want. Nice to hang out in the garage and look at all the red and white. Well, thought I'd post some of that red and white. Hope you like.

Attachments

• IMG_1892.jpg
    IMG_1892.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1893.jpg
    IMG_1893.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg