Snapper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

rickpaulos

Threads
Re: Snapper Owner Check-In --- Read This First! How old is this Ninja?

Just got a used Snapper Ninja. Intended use is to mow the ditch in front of my house. Just not safe to use my rider there and I think the self propelled option will help me out.

Anyhow I'm wondering how old this Ninja is. Are the serial numbers, partno or model encoded with date informat at all? I don't see any other dates on it yet.

mod: frp216012 = Flange deck, Recycler model, self-Propeled, 21" blade, 6.0 hp, series 12.
serial 95187957
partno 84302

briggs big six engine.

Of course it started when I tried it out but wouldn't start this morning at home. Probably needs a tune up.

I guess you all know, this is so HEAVY. Took two to lift it in/out of the van. Nothing like any mower I've owned before.

gvanek

Threads
Hi Forums
My name is Jim. I'm in Waco, Texas. I just bought a project 28" Snapper HiVac. Don't know a darn thing about it which is why I joined up here. Hopefully y'all can help me with this thing. It runs, drives and mows but definitely needs work. My plan is to completely disassemble, powdercoat it and refurbish all the wear parts. When it's all done it will be my goto yard machine.

I look forward to chatting with everyone here.

Hey Jim. There's a guy on YouTube...Jim's Fix It Shop...who has series of in depth videos on how to repair/restore just about everything on these Snapper RER's. I've found them incredibly helpful.

Give him a look.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Nice mower gvanek, judging by the s/n I’d say that’s a 1999 model. First number in s/n is last number in year built and series 12 should put it in the ‘90s. Looks original so you could also check the 8-digit code on the engine, first 2 digits are the year the engine was built.

rickpaulos

Threads
Thank you snapperfreak. I'll check the Ninja's engine serial/model in the spring. Once it gets warm enough and the grass starts growing. I plan on a good carb cleaning and new plug then. I guess this is a commercial grade mower, compared to the consumer grade or disposable grade mowers I've usually had.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the Briggs engine is original the DOM of the engine will be in the serial number on that heat shield on top the muffler.
First 2 numbers are the year, second 2 the month & 3rd pair the day of that month.
The next lot is the sequencial number followed by a code for the factory where it was made.
Being that the engine had to be made then shipped to Snapper the engine should be a couple of months earlier than the mower.
Then you adjust for seasons as if it was made in late summer or fall then it was the next years model.

rickpaulos

Threads
If the Briggs engine is original the DOM of the engine will be in the serial number on that heat shield on top the muffler.
First 2 numbers are the year, second 2 the month & 3rd pair the day of that month.
The next lot is the sequential number followed by a code for the factory where it was made.
Being that the engine had to be made then shipped to Snapper the engine should be a couple of months earlier than the mower.
Then you adjust for seasons as if it was made in late summer or fall then it was the next years model.

hah! I had taken a photo when i got it. So, 1999 seems to be confirmed. Thanks.

computersmith

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All,
computersmith here. Look forward to sharing ideas and information with everyone. I have a 3011X6S that I bought new in 1982 and a recently acquired M300919B.

warthog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I'm new to the forum, but look forward to info. I have (finally found) a model 300855 RER. I bought it used for $350 about 12 -15yrs ago.
Gave it to my son who used it for 3-5 yrs and now I have it back. The engine runs good but the blade vibrates, I almost junked it but did not have the heart to part with it. A good friend of mine who was a great mechanic told me a Snapper could always be fixed. So I'm going to work on it some more. I've rebuilt the rear drive and other work.

j_howell

Forum Newbie
Threads
Snapper Z220kv

GREETINGS to all Snapper mower owners! :thumbsup:

Greetings fellow Snapper mower enthusiasts. My name is John and recently became the owner of a 1995 (?) 80920 Z220kv. I am joining this forum in an attempt to score a part or two I need for this mower. It is a single joystick mower and does a good job cutting--it cuts better than it looks! However i need a rear wheel for it. The wheel/tire combo part # is 7062278' wheel part# is (i believe) 7079162YP. Wheel dims 20 - 10.00 - 10 and the wheel has (4) lug holes. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Atlsud

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Snapper Owner Check-In --- 3312x6s

Took me several months to find my Snapper 3312x6s. 33 inch deck with electric start. Some dry rot on the front tires but holds pressure and cuts. Seat is rough but works, not a bad find for $100.

I ordered a replacement blade, air filter, boots and clutch plate. I’m thinking about repainting after the season is over. Here are a few picks before I power washed it.

A48EEE6B-63EF-4AD1-BB1D-EE1F75B1DCB1.jpg9F559F48-E33B-47A7-8331-6DD992C73DA3.jpg