Snapper Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
GREETINGS to all Snapper mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Snapper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Snapper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Snapper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Back in the early 60's my neighbors had a snapper self propelled 'commercial grade mower, that thing was a monster and it would cut anything. I don't recall what model it was but it had a large Briggs & Stratton and a stand on sulky cart it towed.

The MOST unique thing I remember about this particular Snapper mower was the design of the cutting blade... The tips were removable and they were easy to replace common sickle sections...
ANYONE remember what this mower was ??? OR even better, have any pictures of it.. ? :smile:KennyV

JayC

Threads
I'm Jay, and I have a mid-80's vintage Snapper LT16. I use the rider to mow grass in the summer, and remove snow in the winter. I ski every weekend out of my camp property, and the 'lil tractor took care of the camp's snow removal on the 800' gravel driveway this past winter , and did a remarkable job, at least until I blew the belts in the blower while clearing the last snowfall of the season. I've since upgraded to a 6' blower for my L4200 for that particular driveway, so my Snapper is doing duty clearing the 100' paved drive at my house this season. I made an enclosure/cab to keep the snow off of me out of electrical conduit and sheet vinyl (from a fabric store) - total cost for the "cab" was $29. Attached are a couple pics of my machine:

JayC

Attachments

• Whole Rig 2.jpg
    Whole Rig 2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 132
  • blowing3a.jpg
    blowing3a.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 109

mullins87

Threads
Hi, new to the forum, but not to mowing. I found out about this site after joining the sister site tractorbynet.com. I have what I believe is a Series One HT1848, I can only guess early 90's. By far the toughest mower I have ever owned. It has the 18 HP Kohler and 48" deck. I have regularly used it to mow waist high weeds with no problems. I have Carlisle bar lug tires and a sleeve hitch on it. Right now I have a grader blade on it, but I also have a landscape rake for it. My wife refers to it as "The Beast", but I just call it my mini-tractor. Last year I retired it from yard mowing, so now it mainly sees garden/driveway duty. It's got a little over 1,000 hours on it and it's still going strong.

BTW: I also have a late 70's early 80's LT-16 with the 48" deck. A buddy of mine gave it to me about 10 years ago because it was giving him trouble. After ten minutes adjusting the carb and fixing some wiring, I used it without any problems for about 6 years. Currently it's in a non-running condition, but I'm keeping it around for parts.

rer

Threads
Hello everyone. First I would like to say that my snapper has passed all of the tests that I could put it through from 65 degree hills, rock climbing, mudding, wheelies, burnouts, fthe occaisonal flip , pushing dirt, towing a pop top camper, to 1/2 mile drive to check the mail. Oh and dont forget the 500 or so acres it has mowed. :thumbsup: for snapper rer 9hp. It has done more than my 12.5 murray ever could.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello everyone. First I would like to say that my snapper has passed all of the tests that I could put it through from 65 degree hills, rock climbing, mudding, wheelies, burnouts, fthe occaisonal flip , pushing dirt, towing a pop top camper, to 1/2 mile drive to check the mail. Oh and dont forget the 500 or so acres it has mowed. :thumbsup: for snapper rer 9hp. It has done more than my 12.5 murray ever could.

Welcome to LMF!

I happen to be a affecinado of RER's myself! Often actually thought about buying a brand-new hi vac Snapper! Own a 87 walk behind that I restored, and had a 41" cut tractor! That disk drive is the BOMB!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0206.JPG
    DSCF0206.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 102

rer

Threads
Thank you for reminding me. I am still on my first drive disc but second motor:frown:. I am very glad the wheel has lasted. Because last time I looked they were 40 plus. It has lasted 9 years and still going. That is the same model i pulled a motor off of but I didnt ruin a mower it had a worn out gear in the housing.

fbranson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi my name is Frank, I have a Snapper RER Model # 30085S. It was the mower I used to mow my parents yard when I was younger and was passed down to me by my dad when he got a new Snapper RER. I recently re-did all the decals and gave it a fresh coat of paint. Here are some before and after pics.
mowerrestore.jpg

NJsnapper

Threads
great job Frank. Looks great.

NJsnapper

Threads
scored a MINT RER from craigslist

I found a mint 08 RER with a briggs 12.5 electric start with a 28"hi vac with ninja blade delivered for $500! It was used very little and is truly like new.
It runs perfect and our Son had it out last night cutting and it runs great!

DSC09746.jpg

DSC09745.jpg