MTD Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

John Mayberry

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
My name is Susy and I'm the mower in our household.
Hubby John doesn't do the internet so any questions I have will come through me from him.

Anyways we have a MTD Yard Machine purchased in 2004 from Home Depot
It's Black
42" cut
Model #682

I don't have a name for it, but, within the last couple weeks, what I have called it is not appropriate to post here.
LOL
Had some belt problems but everything is working now.

10 years ago I was able to service it myself but due to heart problems I just sit on it and mow and let someone else change the belts, oil, etc. HeHe

rick-barber

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good day all. My name is Rick and I am 67 YO. I got this yard machine from my son who purchased it used. The seat was blown off on a freeway and a semi promptly ran over it. I had to contact MTD to even find an owners manual for it. I now know it is a 98 or 99 model and have pars lists and owners manuals. I did build a seat platform for the boat seat he put on it.

It is nice to find a place where I can ask questions.

fuzzman

Threads
Hello everyone im new here but lookin for insights! I have a 206 yard machines 38" cut. when I bought it in 2007 I only paid 200$ for it from a friend!! I love it except for the blade engage issue LOL!!!

mje426

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's my steps sons mower, it's a rent to buy from Arron's. It's a 40" MTD Yard Machine it's an 2013 or 14. It was lightly used when he got it.

Curk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm Curk and needing help w/ my Yard Machine, 13 hp., 38" Mod#13BH660-F 000

Replaced gasket on float bowl, started fine, but chokes off after 1-2 mins. or when blade is engaged. Will re-start, but only run for a short while then shuts off.
Any suggestions as to what may cause this? Thanks

Stones

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, just joined the forum after purchasing a used 1998 MTD YardMan Yard Bug. Bought it after seeing it and hearing the engine run. Sounded great so I bought it after I was told it was recently used. Got it home last night and now the fun begins. Starts up like clock work but won't stay in gear. I'll be posting my experience as I work to bring it back to life.

Stones

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello, just joined the forum after purchasing a used 1998 MTD YardMan Yard Bug. Bought it after seeing it and hearing the engine run. Sounded great so I bought it after I was told it was recently used. Got it home last night and now the fun begins. Starts up like clock work but won't stay in gear. I'll be posting my experience as I work to bring it back to life. Stones

I have the same year yard bug. I took the deck off and let the grand kids ride it.

Not staying in gear could be a cable adjustment or the foreword reverse lever is loose

Stones

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same year yard bug. I took the deck off and let the grand kids ride it.

Not staying in gear could be a cable adjustment or the foreword reverse lever is loose

Carscw, I was actually surprised at the pep it had for an 8.5 hp BS engine. With the deck off I bet grand kids have a blast.

marcpilot1

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI. Marc C in S.C. I have an old push mower. Series 500 MTD Yard Machines. Has a tiny Briggs Stratton engine.
Nice to be here!

volbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone and thanks Muhammad this is a great forum! I have a Mtd lawn tractor with a 46 inch deck and a 21 horse v twin Briggs and a lot to learn about mowers so I think I have come to the right place!

welcome from Volbob,you have come to right place.