MTD Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Sandro

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all MTD mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

GREETINGS to all MTD mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other MTD owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for MTD mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool MTD stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

I am afraid I introduced myself and my riding mower starting a new thread instead of answering this one I had not noticed. Sorry.
Anyway, having read a few threads, I'm sure I will find here all the help I could need using and servicing and, why not, modifying my "Trattorino" ("Little Tractor") as I call it.
Thank you and all forumites.
From my side I shall post some attachments I made and plan to make in future, in case they can be of any use to others with same needs as I have.
Let's go mowing: in this time of year growing grass does not wait for us!

Regards to all

Sandro

Bradagan1

Forum Newbie
Threads
:tractor::tractor::tractor:Hi, haven't been here in a long while. Glad your still here, retired now and trying to fix a few mowers for family and friends. Like tinkering with small engines or anything with small engine, mowers, trimmers, chain saws etc.

Mightynic

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm writing from North Wales in the UK. I love nothing more than hopping on my ancient MTD Pinto (7hp Briggs & Stratton) for a couple of hours on the weekend. Trouble is I spend an equal amount of time kneeling next to it trying to poke it back into life, hence my joining the forum. I've attached a stock photo of the Pinto, I'll update with some of my many photos when I'm next home.

Attachments

• MTD Pinto.jpg
    MTD Pinto.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6
Threads
MTD Powr kraft

Here she is, my 1994 MTD Powr kraft. She's got an 18 horse Briggs Opposed twin. We call her "Boo-Boo", because my brother calls his Cub IH 1250 "Yogi". She has some issues, but they can be sorted out. She runs good, and doesn't stall, surges only rarely. We did have a problem with the fuel getting through the pump into the cylinders, but that's been sorted out. Changed the oil, installed a fuel valve, and that's only about it.

Powr kraft notes.jpgTractor Front.jpgTractor Left.jpgTractor Right.jpgTractor Rear.jpg

Barebuttminer

Threads
Thank You for the welcome Muhammad.
I’ll upload some pics at a latter date, after I learn how to get around on the forum.

I own 4 mowers and do my own maintenance and repair work on them.
Craftsman 21" push mower model# 917.388750
Scotts 21" push mower Model # 21595X8B
MTD 12/38 Riding Mower Model # 134H450F129
MTD 15.5/42 Riding Mower model# 13A0672G129

Currently replacing the spindle bearings on the 12/38, this is the 3rd or 4th time that I’ve had to rebuild these spindles, as well as giving it its annual lube and adjust maintenance. I also have to do some welding on the plastic grill; I’ll post pics on another post on this process.

The newly acquired 15.5/42 is going to need a lot of work to get it back into shape. Have to ether it to get it started, runs but spits back through the intake and surges. Deck lifting mechanism appears to be missing some parts and all the pivot points have been wallowed out. The rear axel makes a lot of noise in forward and reverses and will not go to neutral. And of course it has flat tires. The previous owner has beaten the hell out of this machine.

Again thank you for allowing me to join the forum.
BBM

Threads
Powr kraft "Boo-boo"

My tractor is nice, I love to drive it, I've only driven a few hours over about 8 months, and I've spent probably twice the amount of time fixing it then riding it. I always feel like when I'm not lazy and work on it, I spend most of my time looking for the right size wrench or socket, or trying to figure out how to get something off. But, such is the life of a tractor owner. I'll keep all of you updated on it as I go along.

Powr kraft notes.jpg

DanTech

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I'm Dan.

Bought a house with a couple acres and it came with a 2003 (MTD) YardWorks riding mower. YardWorks is a Canadian brand of MTD. Its got a 42in deck 7 speed Shift on The Go trans, and a 17hp Briggs and Stratton Intek. It starts and runs fine, but its slower than a turtle hauling a cinder block. MTD hasn't been any help because the model seems to be exclusive to Canada. I contacted MTD Canada who were kind enough to give me some part numbers for belts. Took those part numbers to the local dealer, and they weren't even close. The Canadian model number is 13DD678G515. I should probably post this in another thread, rather than an intro. Sorry about that.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi I'm Dan.

Bought a house with a couple acres and it came with a 2003 (MTD) YardWorks riding mower. YardWorks is a Canadian brand of MTD. Its got a 42in deck 7 speed Shift on The Go trans, and a 17hp Briggs and Stratton Intek. It starts and runs fine, but its slower than a turtle hauling a cinder block. MTD hasn't been any help because the model seems to be exclusive to Canada. I contacted MTD Canada who were kind enough to give me some part numbers for belts. Took those part numbers to the local dealer, and they weren't even close. The Canadian model number is 13DD678G515. I should probably post this in another thread, rather than an intro. Sorry about that.

Yes,
Please start a new thread with a title like Yardworks model 13DD678G515 drive problem.
While the mower model is exclusive to Canada, it will be the basically same as most USA or Export models

DAMatson

Threads
Just getting around to introducing myself: my name is David Matson. I joined back in September of last year 2017, and already have 40 posts, so I think I'm off to a great start.

My current obsession is getting a newly acquired 2001 Yard Machine back into working condition.

Tecumseh 15.5 Engine (although Stickers advertise 15HP)
42" Mowing Deck
Shift-on-the-go 7-speed.

Just recently added an external dual bagging attachment, and have already removed the mower deck, cleaned and lubricated, replaced the v belt and re-attached the mower deck. Deck and everything else works fine once I get it started.

Now just need to fix a presumed problem with the carburetor: originally couldn't start without being primed with gas, but would at least run fine after that. After carburetor cleaning it still won't start but now won't continue to run either, so I'm buying a replacement carburetor and will replace that whole assembly soon.

I truly love and appreciate the wealth of knowledge that our fellow members possess and share on a regular basis!

Biggqwesty

Forum Newbie
Threads
Signing in

Afternoon crew.
Recently acquired a 42" ?? MTD had machine with a house purchase.
Battery was flat as but after charging it up and checking the vitals, 5th turn it rumbled into life.
Drives well and cuts well but I do have a shorting issue on the direction gear selector and it kills the motor.
Anyway I'll find the correct post to ask about that issue.
Cheers