Choices... CC Z-Force S 48 Commercial or S 54" non-commercial

aradsma

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Choices... CC Z-Force S 48 Commercial or S 54" non-commercial
Hi Folks,

I have to make a choice... this afternoon. I hate making decisions!

I have about 3.5-4 acres to mow, with trees, some berms, swales, fence, pond, etc. I really like CC models with the steering wheel. I have the following two options (I am sure there are others, but these seem to be the best deals):

1. CC Z-Force S 48 Commercial - used, 15 hours, 2011 model, mulch kit, $4250 all in
2. CC Z-Force S 54 - new, 2011 model, $4200 with taxes

My questions would be:
1. Is the commercial model upgrade much better than the non-commercial model? Is the seat more luxurious (land is quite bumpy), and are the materials that much better?
2. Will I regret going with the 48" over the 54" because of length of time to mow (although I can't see a 54" taking that much time off of my mowing compared to a 48")
3. Will I regret going with the 48" because of not being able to trim as close to things (fence posts, trees, garden, the pond, the barn, etc.?

Any advice would be appreciated. I am going from a 46" lawn tractor, but I also added the pond, barn, berms, trees, and 3 acres of mowing! Spending this kind of money I don't want to buy the wrong size and regret it after this season.

Thanks!

Parkmower

Threads
Go bigger. You have a lot to mow!
I believe it has a fabbed deck over a stamped which in my opinion is a big plus. Possibly better spindles too? And if if has a better seat that a plus too. I think the comfort is important. Your going to be on this thing for a few hours i'd want to be as comfortable as possible.

aradsma

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks ParkMower,

In the two choices, the 54" is the non-commercial version, but it still has the 2800 hydros and a fabricated deck.

I would like to go with the commercial because of the upgrades (Command engine, seat upgrades, air filter, beefier components, 3100 hydros) but am I going to regret choosing the commercial 48" because of the 6" of deck?

SUREYARDS

Threads
I PRESENTLY HAVE A 2006 ZFORCE 50---LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE STERING WHEEL VERSES
LAP BARS

THANKS

SURE YARDS---TENNESSEE

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi Folks,

I have to make a choice... this afternoon. I hate making decisions!

I have about 3.5-4 acres to mow, with trees, some berms, swales, fence, pond, etc. I really like CC models with the steering wheel. I have the following two options (I am sure there are others, but these seem to be the best deals):

1. CC Z-Force S 48 Commercial - used, 15 hours, 2011 model, mulch kit, $4250 all in
2. CC Z-Force S 54 - new, 2011 model, $4200 with taxes

My questions would be:
1. Is the commercial model upgrade much better than the non-commercial model? Is the seat more luxurious (land is quite bumpy), and are the materials that much better?
2. Will I regret going with the 48" over the 54" because of length of time to mow (although I can't see a 54" taking that much time off of my mowing compared to a 48")
3. Will I regret going with the 48" because of not being able to trim as close to things (fence posts, trees, garden, the pond, the barn, etc.?

Any advice would be appreciated. I am going from a 46" lawn tractor, but I also added the pond, barn, berms, trees, and 3 acres of mowing! Spending this kind of money I don't want to buy the wrong size and regret it after this season.

Thanks!

The upgrade between the two isn't going to amount to all that much and
the mowing time gain between the two sizes would be minimal at best only about ten minutes. As far as being able to trim as close to things, there both going to be the same, there both zero turns. Most of the questions you've asked about basically come down to operator presents.
I mite be a little old school but if you start comparing spec's form the two mowers mentioned above and the conventional 48" Z force you may find the best buy for your money would be the conventional 48" ZTR with the lap bars, it's going to do anything the S series will do with a new price tag of $4199. It also has a somewhat bigger Engine displacement than the S. The conventional has a Pro grade 725cc Courage motor the S has a 674 cc.
If you really want to know what to buy just spend a day riding and look at what the Lawn care Professionals are using, As of yet I've never seen any business operators running an S series mower.

txzrider

Threads
is any of the property dusty... I have read many posts on here that talk about the value of a commercial quality air filter system. Are you going to have to drive across any hills? Because I think the big advantage of the "S" is the 4 wheel steering. Which driving across steeper slopes would be a decided advantage. Does the 54 inch deck have std or mulchig blades? Are you planning on buying them? Mulch kit costs at least $100 dollars, commercial quality air filters can be retrofitted, but I thought I read where someone mentioned they cost about $250... I think there are probably $300-400 in upgrades in the commercial unit that may or may not matter to you. Do you like to drink something cold while you mow?? Hard to do w/o stopping with lapbars! ;)