Honda Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Jkdet67

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone"...I bought my Honda hr214sx in 1987. This mower is very special because it's the only mower I have ever used. I have had some spare time this year and my baby showing a little age(little rust in the grass shoot) so I had the idea to paint a few things on the mower to spruce her up a bet. Well I stripped the mower deck clean. Sanding and wire rushing the rust areas and Rhino linered the whole deck top to bottom. Used 3cans (the deck now weights 7000 pounds lol) purchased new tires and blacked out the white rims before mounting. Painted the top cover and recoil starter Honda Red. Hand painted the Honda Decals on top and the raised Honda lettering on the front of the deck. I think it turned out wonderful and man they were shocked when I pulled up to 7-11 riding it..lol ..uploading pictures now. Let me know what you think.

casper1952

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Muhammad! I had a 5518 and regret selling it. Had a tiller and dozer blade and wa3810 clutch repair

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 15

OklahomaDave

Threads
Greetings all from the Sooner State.

Third summer with a GCV160-powered HRR Honda mower, good worker, but giving me problems this season. Hope to get some pointers here!

roebuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Giday, I have a Honda hru 194 (gxv 120) it's a great little mower. Love to learn about small engines so I'm looking forward to this forum.IMAG0020.jpg

Augustivus

Forum Newbie
Threads

turboscrew

Threads
I have McCulloch Edition 1 XXL with Honda GCV-190.
But I also have a mower with 1973 B&S 92902 (with jos another frame) and Toro tiller with B&S 130200.

deckeda

Threads
Stumbled on this thread on P.2. So it couldn't get read "first" :)

I have two HR215HXA Masters mowers.

One was purchased new (my dad got it for me in 2001) and the other I bought off craigslist the other day. Drove 3 hrs round trip. Both need some TLC, so here I am.

mort

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have HRR216TDA MCZG 7719565 with GCV160 engine. Just bought it, runs great but needs the 3 speed drive fixed, currently not self propelled. I've owned Honda small engine power washers and a Honda Ridgeline pick up which all were among the best machines I've owned. Never worked on any of them because they ran so good :smile:I'm not a wrench, definitely more of a muddler who often has an extra fastener or spring left over. So, 1st project is to figure out the drive issue, whether its the belt, cable, trans or a combination, I have no idea. Look forward to getting direction from the folks with experience if I need it.

Best,

Mort

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have HRR216TDA MCZG 7719565 with GCV160 engine. Just bought it, runs great but needs the 3 speed drive fixed, currently not self propelled. I've owned Honda small engine power washers and a Honda Ridgeline pick up which all were among the best machines I've owned. Never worked on any of them because they ran so good :smile:I'm not a wrench, definitely more of a muddler who often has an extra fastener or spring left over. So, 1st project is to figure out the drive issue, whether its the belt, cable, trans or a combination, I have no idea. Look forward to getting direction from the folks with experience if I need it.

Best,

Mort

Transposed a couple of characters, I believe; should be MZCG, not MCZG.Regardless, that's a K4 version, the last/best of the HRT216TDA models. FYI, the 'K4' is a version code Honda uses to note models with running changes, as Honda mowers don't have model years.

The TDA models were built with a non-serviceable transmission; if it tests bad, there are no service parts available, and the transmission would need to replaced as a unit; Google Honda Part Number 20001-VG4-H01 (MSRP $109.97). Not a difficult job to do

Did you buy it new or used? My records show it was never registered with Honda, and it would be a good idea to do that, in the unlikely event Honda should need to contact you regarding any Safety Recalls or Update Campgains. Drop me a PM with your full name and mailing address, and I'll get the database updated to show you as the current owner. FYI, that unit was built at Honda's plant in Swepsonville, NC, on or about 5/10/2007 to Home Depot in Commerce, MI. After that, the trail goes cold. Oh, and with a mailing address, I can at least send you a few Honda goodies!

Parts: Honda has a nice online parts-look-up guide; this is just a reference source, and does NOT sell parts. Good for looking up part numbers. Once you have the number(s), Google them to find a dealer selling that number online.
Linky here: [url]http://peparts.honda.com/powerequipment#/browse/lm/hrr/hrr216/HRR216K4-TDA[/URL]
Many big dealers have similar look-up sites, that do provide retail sales; example linky: [url]http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Lawn%20Mower/0/HRR216K4%20TDA/parts.html[/URL]

Owner's Manual:
Free digital download direct from Honda: Linky here: [url]http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/31VL0U20.pdf[/URL]

Shop Manual:
Honda sells paper copies of shop manuals online, direct from eBay or Amazon (free shipping). FYI, Honda does not distrbute or sell digital copies of shop manuals to consumers. Linkies:

HRT216K4TDA Shop Manual on eBay
HRT216K4TDA Shop Manual on Amazon

mort

Forum Newbie
Threads
Transposed a couple of characters, I believe; should be MZCG, not MCZG.Regardless, that's a K4 version, the last/best of the HRT216TDA models. FYI, the 'K4' is a version code Honda uses to note models with running changes, as Honda mowers don't have model years.

The TDA models were built with a non-serviceable transmission; if it tests bad, there are no service parts available, and the transmission would need to replaced as a unit; Google Honda Part Number 20001-VG4-H01 (MSRP $109.97). Not a difficult job to do

Did you buy it new or used? My records show it was never registered with Honda, and it would be a good idea to do that, in the unlikely event Honda should need to contact you regarding any Safety Recalls or Update Campgains. Drop me a PM with your full name and mailing address, and I'll get the database updated to show you as the current owner. FYI, that unit was built at Honda's plant in Swepsonville, NC, on or about 5/10/2007 to Home Depot in Commerce, MI. After that, the trail goes cold. Oh, and with a mailing address, I can at least send you a few Honda goodies!

Parts: Honda has a nice online parts-look-up guide; this is just a reference source, and does NOT sell parts. Good for looking up part numbers. Once you have the number(s), Google them to find a dealer selling that number online.
Linky here: [url]http://peparts.honda.com/powerequipment#/browse/lm/hrr/hrr216/HRR216K4-TDA[/URL]
Many big dealers have similar look-up sites, that do provide retail sales; example linky: [url]http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Lawn%20Mower/0/HRR216K4%20TDA/parts.html[/URL]

Owner's Manual:
Free digital download direct from Honda: Linky here: [url]http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/31VL0U20.pdf[/URL]

Shop Manual:
Honda sells paper copies of shop manuals online, direct from eBay or Amazon (free shipping). FYI, Honda does not distrbute or sell digital copies of shop manuals to consumers. Linkies:

HRT216K4TDA Shop Manual on eBay
HRT216K4TDA Shop Manual on Amazon

Hi Robert,

I pm'd you and thanks for the links.