Engine Tecumseh Carburetor linkage

dnoonkeste

Threads
Does anybody have a picture of the linkage of a tecumseh 10 hp carburetor?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do a web search for Tecumseh manuals online. I know you will find what you are looking for.

silver1

Threads
This is what I have..........:tongue:

Crotext

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Model TVS90 43180D Tecumseh Carbureto/governorr linkage configuration???

My son took an old lawn mower I gave him apart Now neither of us can remember the configuration to hook up the carb/ governor linkage. Anybody have any pics, illustrations or diagrams of the linkage and governor arm position? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you checked into the manual I listed in post #4.

Crotext

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you checked into the manual I listed in post #4.

I did but didn't have much luck opening it from that link. I'll try again. Thanks

OK I tried downloading it instead. So I will check it out that way. thanks again.

Crotext

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did but didn't have much luck opening it from that link. I'll try again. Thanks

OK I tried downloading it instead. So I will check it out that way. thanks again.

Later on: I read through the manual and appreciate getting it. However, it speaks of carefully aligning the linkage but does not show it on the illustration for my model. I have looked at a couple videos as well. I believe it was on correctly but the throttle control didn't work and I see it was binding. Its not supposed to bind so I thought I had it wrong. If
I just had a pic of one to look at then I can be sure its right and look on to what the cause is for the binding.

My model again is TVS90-43180D in case anyone may have a pic in the closet. Its dark in Montana anyway.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look carefully at pages 27 and 33. Page 27 shows in figures 7 shows the linkage setup for most TVS models. Remember the adjuster plate is upsidedown. Page 33 figure 26 show the same in a little larger picture. Make sure that the linkage from the governor rod to the carb is in the correct hole on the throttle shaft. Also take a close look at figure 12 on page 29, on how to set the adjuster plate.

Crotext

Forum Newbie
Threads
Look carefully at pages 27 and 33. Page 27 shows in figures 7 shows the linkage setup for most TVS models. Remember the adjuster plate is upsidedown. Page 33 figure 26 show the same in a little larger picture. Make sure that the linkage from the governor rod to the carb is in the correct hole on the throttle shaft. Also take a close look at figure 12 on page 29, on how to set the adjuster plate.

:thumbsup:
Exactly what I needed to see and learn. I had the connector with the spring attached, hooked to the PLATE upside down. I connected it the first time from the top down and it goes in from the bottom side upward. The right way gives just enough clearance to keep the other rod from interfering with the spring.

Thanks a lot! The help is sincerely appreciated. The old mower is running like a brand new one now. :biggrin: