Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

mrsandman

Forum Newbie
Threads
used sc500z push mower

Hello Forum, just searching out a problem. Just got a cub cadet sc 500z push mower at an estate sale without any paper work. I've tired to start it with no luck. I don't see any choke or anything, but I did put the speed up to high (I think) still no luck. I've looked around a bit for a "how to start video" with no luck, and also have seen that these mowers have some type of 1st pull start thing. I can't find a spark plug to change or anything like that, can anybody help me before I bring it to a shop. Thanks

mrsandman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ac500zRe: Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Hey Pumper 54! Thank you so much for the manual!! The only thing I found that the mower had actually wrong was the pull start wasn't hooked on the side of the handles. I read the manual, hooked the starter cable to the side of the handles and also found I wasn't grasping the blade engaging bar when I was pulling the starter handle. I immediately noticed the difference in tension, though it still didn't start. My son said I should drain the fuel, and clean the plug, because someone at the estate sale put a chain saw mix (oil and gas) in the tank. They got it to run but it smoked a lot. We didn't see or hear it run but we know the estate sale people and trusted their word that it ran. I drained the tank, put fresh gas in, cleaned the plug, lazily pulled the starter cable and it fired right up!! Mowed a small area and it ran great!! Thank you for your quick response!! I Also have a Cub Cadet GT 1554 ridding mower that I have had for 10 plus years that has ran great ever since I've had it, but I'm sure I'll be doing "age" work to it soon. Maybe we'll talk again. Thanks again!

Pumper54

Threads
mrsandman

Glad I could help. There are lots of folks here that helped me in the past and I am just paying it forward. Oil/gas mixes don't really work to well in 4 stroke motors.
Tom

Ultimag

Forum Newbie
Threads
New here and just some intro info.....We (Steve & wife Susan) presently have a Cub 72 w/38" deck,
a Kubota B7100HST 4WD w/60" belly mower, and a Land Pride ZSR w/54" deck. The Cub is in the
barn and needs restoring, but she's all there and was used up until we had enough property cleared
to need a larger mower deck, hence the Kubota. Then, to cut down mowing time we purchased the
Land Pride to cut down mowing time as we expand.

Danoman

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member checking in. Just purchased a RZT S 46" which is my first zero turn. It's been nonstop raining here so I haven't had a chance to play with it much. Had to make a home for it as it wouldn't fit into my old shed. Shelterlogic shed in a box 10x10x8 from Tractor Supply.

Attachments

• IMG_20160814_143158.jpg
    IMG_20160814_143158.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20160805_142630.jpg
    IMG_20160805_142630.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20160813_160717.jpg
    IMG_20160813_160717.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 5

olds8898

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just got my first riding lawn mower! 2016 42" XT1.

20160831_134141_1472669646844_resized.jpg

Ashtonman

Threads
Just had the Pro Z 100 S delivered today. After demoing it and my current mower at the same time. I can't believe the difference on hills, and no turfing of any grass. This mower seems really good. So I bought it. It's been really hard to find any good reviews on it. I will post my review later.

mfl646

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Cub Cadet mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Cub Cadet owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Cub Cadet mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Cub Cadet stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

I have a Cub Cadet XT3 GS with a 48" fabricated mower deck and tripple bagger unit. It works pretty well but the bagger chute plugs up and the baffle that is added to the deck for use with a bagger also gets jamed up with grass and is a pain to clean out.

tybeegb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet XT3 GS with a 48" fabricated mower deck and tripple bagger unit. It works pretty well but the bagger chute plugs up and the baffle that is added to the deck for use with a bagger also gets jamed up with grass and is a pain to clean out.

Happens all the time to my 1042 when I have the mulch blades on it. I have to take those off if I'm bagging to keep it from clogging up.