Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
anewtomecub.jpg
1964 Cub 100.

dakotanut

Threads
2012 Cub Cadet RZT 50. Just got it used. Cuts well and I'm enjoying it. Will post problem with it in different area.

Dogband

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, checking [back] in. I posted a couple of posts, but it has been a number of years. Still have a CC 1042 with a Kohler 18hp engine, and 350 hours on the engine. Its a mower and trailer puller for me. Thanks for a nice forum. Now I need to search for an answer to an issue I am having with the mower.

cruzenmike

Threads
I guess I should have posted this first, but I am the new owner of a used 2009 Cub Cadet LTX1050VT. I purchased a house on some property and needed a rider. It was coming to the end of the season and I was in a bind so I found the nicest looking unit for sale locally and picked it up. At the time it rode and cut nice, but after only 1 full cut of my hard I found that there were some problems. So far I have replaced the two pulleys on the deck, various deck hardware, the PTO clutch, the ball joints, fuel filter, the battery and soon the carb gaskets and o-rings. Needless to say I would not have purchased this exact unit had I known there would be this many problems. But, when all is said and done, it may be alright. It is in very good condition and only has 220 hours as of this past weekend. I honestly cannot expect an 8 year old machine to be perfect, but I am now into it enough money that I could have purchased a new XT1 50" for just a few hundred more. Either way, here I am. Trying to figure out if I want to run it this summer or just keep it as a workhorse and buy a zero turn.

Blondie70

Forum Newbie
Threads
New Cub Cadet owner. RZT L. 54" with 24 HP Kohler ...from Tractor Supply. Looks like a pretty good mower. Glad to be here.

csmlet

Threads
Just became a cub cadet owner. After much research, to include this forum, internet reviews, talking to anyone I saw with a zero turn, I finally bit the bullet today and settled on the Cub Cadet, RZT L42 with the 23 HP Kohler engine. I have been looking at Cub Cadet, Husqvarna, Toro, John Deere and Hustler. All are close to same price and engines vary from B & S, Kohler, and Kawasaki. All except the Hustler have stamped decks. I narrowed my choice down to the ones that had dealer support close by, which is Cub Cadet and Husqvarna. Went to both dealers this morning and was just not comfortable talking to the Husqvarna dealer, he seemed to be more interested in selling the big commercial machines than a residential one. The Cub dealers let me drive one and introduced me to the service manager. The Cub dealer is about 5 miles from my home while the others service centers are over 50. Now you know my decision, hope I made the right choice. What say you?

IMG_5013[1].jpg]

csmlet

Threads
Added a light bar today, now my wife won't have to stop mowing when it gets dark.

Attachments

• IMG_5022.jpg
    IMG_5022.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 5

wv109323

Threads
Just joined the forum. I have a 127. Still going strong. When it wears out I may look at a new one.

PCS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just joined forum. I have the Pro Z 160 S EFI. I purchased this specifically to handle the slopes on my property as it is rated for 20 degrees (although some places in the manual say 20, other parts 15). The mower seemed to handle the slopes well, but I have a question (which perhaps should be in a different area of the forum)? The manual specifically states to turn up-hill. This seems counter-intuitive to me. I can understand turning up-hill with a traditional lever model for control, but with the steering wheel I would think it would be better to turn downhill to lessen further any chance of a roll-over.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You always turn uphill that way you do not slide down the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF