John Deere Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

AdamG

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all John Deere mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other John Deere owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for John Deere mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool John Deere stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Delighted tomhave discovered this forum. I'm an avid user of the Airstream forum finding it a great source of valued information about these travel trailers. I suspect this forum will be even more valuable.

I live in Rhinebeck, NY and we have @ 7 acres much of which we've converted to "mowed" areas. As a result I have an X748 JD lawn tractor with it's 54" mower deck. I also have a JD 4320 Utility Tractor with a number of attachments. Front bucket and forks; rear Frontier "brush hog," and a simple rake as well as a new/fantastic combination implement I use to keep a 150 yard gravel driveway free of pot holes etc..

The X748 has a diesel engine and has a very low center of gravity allowing me to mow rather steep slopes cross slope versus vertical. Great machine but a bit expensive to buy and maintain.

Happy to be a member and look forward to accessing valuable information/friends. Cheers. Adam Geuss, Col USAF Retired.

X300

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all John Deere mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other John Deere owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for John Deere mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool John Deere stuff? Post it here!
Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Happy to be on this Forum...I bought a lightly used X300 two years ago with only 80 hours on it....I have only had to do a few minor repairs and I service it myself...looking forward to reading entries here and trying to help others with issues that arise..we cut about 1acre of level ground and use a wide cut 33" for the tricky bits

ElquecortaJD

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum, from San Antonio, TX have a John Deere D170 it does the job. Also to finish the yard have a TORO 22" self-propel and a Echo string trimmer, with a craftsman weed trimmer good little machines.

Tenpoint

Forum Newbie
Threads
My current John Deere is an X485 AWS w/62C deck bought used in 2016 with 500hours on the clock.
My first experience with JDs was a first year model 110 my Dad bought new. A JD Construction (yellow) dealer, got 4 the first year. The owner bought one, a salesman bought one (friend of my Dad) and they had two to sell.
My first JD was a used 300. The exhaust valve would stick when it got hot after about two hours running. When it cooled down it started right up.
My next JD and first bought new was a 285 w/50" deck. It was stolen this year. Thieves beat on the steel walk door until it buckled/bent allowing the deadbolt to come out of the jamb. The jamb held.

Attachments

• DSCN7344.JPG
    DSCN7344.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN7733.jpg
    DSCN7733.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN7732.jpg
    DSCN7732.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN7729.jpg
    DSCN7729.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 3

Mrniceguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all:

I'm a John Deere newbie. I'm just a homeowner with an two acre lot and one acre or so to mow. Today I had my first mow with my D130. I know it's a Lowes special and whether it's a "real John Deere" is another discussion. I am moving back into my home after renting it for two years. As some tenants do he left the lot unmowed with grass over 18 inches in some spots. It was nine to twelve inches in most areas. It rained here in New England so I waited three days for it to dry out.

Here is the first mow report:

The D130 mowed beautifully. The quality of the cut was superb. When you buy the Deere they make a big deal out of the cruise control. The Poulan Pro which gave me twelve years of quality service had a hand lever controlled automatic which I actually find easier to use than the foot/cruise control D130 operation. This machine is comfortable, powerful and the quality of the cut is first rate. This even on the hilly portion of my property. It mowed my acre in 1.2 hours of service. So far I love the machine but will have get used to its quirks. The reverse operation is a bit dubious. I'll get used to it. I'll post another report at the end if the season. I hope I put this in the right thread.

I'm enjoying the forum and so far my D130.

Thanks

Larry

TJR345

Threads
I have 2.5 acre lot and use a 1998 345 and 2002 x595 to keep it under control.Several attachments and always looking for more.

laradactyl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mow an acre and a half with a 10 year old JD X300 which I bought new at retirement.
I spend most of my time out in my workshop tinkering with various projects. A few of which can be seen on my X300 in this picture.
NewSeat.jpg

jimemerson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I'm Jim I just turned 50 just lost my favorite dog to lymphoma at 5yrs so I bought 2 2nd hand John Deere's to ease my pain. an 1986 model 130 with bagger (overpaid $650) but had to have it and a 2005 L100 w/ bagger for $350.
I really enjoy working on these and riding them. Also bought a used lawn cart and a 4x8 road trailer to haul 1 JD at a time as needed. It's been to much IT work for me in my life and not enough hands on stuff until now.
Best regards

Fragger

Threads
Heaveno , i been here a couple months now and really enjoy helping and being help as i dont know everything i need to keep my fleet running. I am the proud owner of a 125A 100 series John Deere , A Sear 54" lawn tractor an old hurrucane harvey victim Swisher believe i tto be T11044 also own a Scotts wanna be John Deere ridng mowwer plus a 2003 Massey Ferguson gc2300. I enjoy working my garden and when not gardening i try to keep the place disced down.
I call my john Deere "Johnny" and my Scotts "Scotty" the Sears has not earned a name yet only had her 2 yrs . the swisher is swisher .
Also own a Jaques Mod 10 what i plan to restore . I am not ashamed to pick up old lawn mowers ifixing them up on heavey trash pick up day and giving them to a needed person . Recently retired as A industrial and municpal fireman , State certified EMT and Life Flight trained am 70 years young and can still run faster, dive deeper and come out drier than most men my age.
Thank you Admin and mods for your support!!:thumbsup:
jd2.jpg
jd4.jpg

DSteve34

Threads
Well, I am a small engine mechanic and enjoy buying lawn mowers to fix up and resell. Right now I have a '93 John Deere 425 with 60 inch deck (not on it right now). The deck needs work but I think I have the tractor pretty much finished. I hope to have it complete by spring so if anyone is looking for one, let me know. Also I have what used to be a lawn mower in which I turned into more of a go cart. I straight piped it, increased its speed, added LED headlights and RGB LED underbody strip lights w/remote. Also did some other things but I think you get the point. The one picture that shows the red mower is what it looked like the day I bought it.

Attachments

• Resized_20171017_111818.jpg
    Resized_20171017_111818.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Resized_20170823_123700.jpg
    Resized_20170823_123700.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Resized_20170822_205857.jpg
    Resized_20170822_205857.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Resized_20170501_171555.jpg
    Resized_20170501_171555.jpg