John Deere Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

jwg1953

Forum Newbie
Threads
HELLO,i JUST JOINED THIS GREAT FORUM,BUT i HAVE BEEN READING IT FOR A WHILE.I really enjoy reading about everyone's Deere's.I had never had a jd until fairly recently.Now I have four but as yet none are operable.I have a 345,a 165 hydro,a 175 hydro and an l 130.I am ready to start work on the 175,so I thought it was time to join.Thanks for everything!!!

footing

Forum Newbie
Threads
welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it ..The older deers last for ever ..there is alot of nice deers out there what are you looking for

Hi I have a stupid question that's all I have. I need help my d-100 jd. New to me it looks real good for 80 bucks Keeps shearing the fly wheel key. 2 pops and a snort less than 2 sec latter snap. 4 times in a row. I laped it and torked the heck out of it. my wife thinks i am stupid. ps i was a jet eng mech in the USMC. please restore my faith.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well ther was a reason why it was 80 bucks wasn't there.
Problem with used mowers you never have any idea what the DPO has done to it.
The shear key is designed to shear in order to stop the engine during a jamb type failure.
For a taper to work, there must be a gap between the top of the taper and the end of the hole in the flywheel.
When a flywheel breaks free it will oft damage the shaft and the hole.
By the time both are dressed the hole ends up being too big.
So firstly it is out with the bearing blue and check the fit of the taper.
The a bit more on the shoulder at the end of the threads to make sure the nut is not bottoming out.

For any worthwhile information we need the make & model of the engine

Rabby Tat

Threads
Greetings all!

We have a couple of properties which have a variety of grass cutting equipment on them. My JD is an L-130 which I bought from a co-worker a few years ago. He was moving and needed cash, so I took on another lawn mower. It was funny that he delivered it in the back of his truck. He had a ramp but the angle was too steep due the the length of the tractor. (He had loaded it from a dirt mound and so did not know until arrival that his unload plan would not work. He kept trying and we almost had a disaster, but we managed to make it all work without too much damage to us, the truck or the tractor.

It did pretty well for a while, but the ignition switches started burning out. Also a few other issues came up, but we got through them and went on happily whacking down weeds and grass. However, we recently had an issue with the engine killing whenever the brake is released.

The name of this mower is not printable here. It was earned while trying to trouble shoot an earlier problem and not realizing that some electrical parts were superheated.

Oh well, that is the tale of my L-130. I actually like it, but would really rather it not be so complicated in its wiring. Life so much better when we just ran with simple electrical systems.

RT

GrassInPA

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been on the forum since late last year when I bought a bunch of push mowers from someone but my main mower I have had for a few years now is a JD L130 with a 23 HP Kohler in it. I got it when my wife's aunt passed and I've done some great cutting with it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Greetings all!

We have a couple of properties which have a variety of grass cutting equipment on them. My JD is an L-130 which I bought from a co-worker a few years ago. He was moving and needed cash, so I took on another lawn mower. It was funny that he delivered it in the back of his truck. He had a ramp but the angle was too steep due the the length of the tractor. (He had loaded it from a dirt mound and so did not know until arrival that his unload plan would not work. He kept trying and we almost had a disaster, but we managed to make it all work without too much damage to us, the truck or the tractor.

It did pretty well for a while, but the ignition switches started burning out. Also a few other issues came up, but we got through them and went on happily whacking down weeds and grass. However, we recently had an issue with the engine killing whenever the brake is released.

The name of this mower is not printable here. It was earned while trying to trouble shoot an earlier problem and not realizing that some electrical parts were superheated.

Oh well, that is the tale of my L-130. I actually like it, but would really rather it not be so complicated in its wiring. Life so much better when we just ran with simple electrical systems.

RT

The wiring on your JD is not much different to every other mower currently made.
The complexity was forced upon mower companies because no American ever makes a mistake that is their fault.
The good thing is JD also make a manual that a 10 year old could read & understand

weathda

Threads
Hi all. Just joined this forum. I had a L-120 I bought new in 2003. Put only 200 hours on it in 13 years. It had light lawn duty and then we moved to a "place in the country" last year where it's mowing duty increased exponentially. Last season alone, I put 44 hours on it. While it was still running and cutting good, I sold it for $650.

Even made a sprayer platform for it.

39421371405_8fd59dd799_b.jpg

Then last fall I bought a beefier garden tractor with 724 hours on it for the new place. I expect to put 100 hours on it this season. I love it. Have done a little work to the deck as I had some trouble with belt wanting to come off. Here it is the day I brought it home.

42345976611_999d633a85_b.jpg

42345976761_dcc71da5a5_b.jpg

I guess this is the right forum. I'm addicted to mowing grass.

Threads
Hi all. Just joined this forum. I had a L-120 I bought new in 2003. Put only 200 hours on it in 13 years. It had light lawn duty and then we moved to a "place in the country" last year where it's mowing duty increased exponentially. Last season alone, I put 44 hours on it. While it was still running and cutting good, I sold it for $650.

Even made a sprayer platform for it.

39421371405_8fd59dd799_b.jpg

Then last fall I bought a beefier garden tractor with 724 hours on it for the new place. I expect to put 100 hours on it this season. I love it. Have done a little work to the deck as I had some trouble with belt wanting to come off. Here it is the day I brought it home.

42345976611_999d633a85_b.jpg

42345976761_dcc71da5a5_b.jpg

I guess this is the right forum. I'm addicted to mowing grass.

That is a TRUE John Deere ....................

AzRatrodder

Forum Newbie
Threads
New guy alert from Washington!

Just purchased a home on a few acres and picked up my first riding mower. Decided to go with the E170. Pretty happy with it so far, except one of the hills that I have to mow. By using the search function, hopefully I'll find a solution whether it's my lack of skills or what. :laughing: