John Deere Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

FlatBroke

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greeting's all,
I run two Z950a's one 60'' and one 72'' 27Hp Kaw and 31Hp Kaw. I'm not a Landscaper but I do mow for family members who are elderly. I will be pulling the left transaxle on the 72'' this winter to fix what i am hoping is the same problem posted by jakesmurray on his z930a. I'll try to post Pic's at a later time.

Hans-CGN

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: John Deere Owner Check-In --- Read This First! ... Yes, a Newbie

GREETINGS to all John Deere mower owners! :thumbsup: ... cut

Hi Everyone !
I´m a new member of this forum, glad to found! Because a forum is a mirror of the members, I will introduce myself at first =>

My name is Hans (surname Jacobsen, but I prefer JD, because a Jacobsen is too complex :laughing:), 62 years old, retired, not poor, not rich, living in a croft near Cologne/Germany and owner of two John Deere => A 160 from 1988 and a 185 from 1987.
The 160 I bought as a aborted restauration projekt, the 185 was also coming for small money in the house for parts.

Why John Deere? To restore a solid premium-lawnmower will cost the same time and nearly the same money than a diy-market-machine. So everything depends on the price for the basic-machine. I searched more than a year before I could grab them.

My fav dream was a vintage wheel horse, but it seems here in Germany are 2 or 3 collectors and they buy every offered machine (and parts!) without asking for the price. No chance to reach the goal with my budget.

Here are some pics =>
160 in parts.jpg
160 restored frame.jpg
185 bought for parts.jpg
185 buying for parts.jpg

So, now I hope to find and give help in all questions to restore and use such nice small tractors ...

greetings from the land of krauts

Hans

Richard hopkins

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I've been hanging in the back reading for a while,just joined a few days ago
I have a John Deere GT242 lawn Mower I bought it new back in 1998 when we bought our house. It's 20 years old been a good mower. I Change oil every season,spark plug and drain gas out of it, took battery out of it because it's in storage now for winter. I use it for cutting the lawn. I use My craftsman LT1000 only for plowing snow. Lots of good reading and information here and a whole lot of helpful good people here.

Attachments

• IMG_20180216_172123.jpg
    IMG_20180216_172123.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20180216_172107.jpg
    IMG_20180216_172107.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 5

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: John Deere Owner Check-In --- Read This First! ... Yes, a Newbie

:welcome::welcome::welcome:
From the land of kangaroos and better Larger :drink:

dirtdoctor

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to forum,

Just picked up a 1978 JD 316 (Kohler engine).
It needs a bit of TLC but it should be throwing grass in no time!

Darryl Van Gaal

caragounis1888

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi i am new to forum and from Ireland!!
i have a few jd mowers but my most recent project is a John Deere R92 mower, KKUQ4088.jpgFQRT8477.jpgFPUD0530.jpg
original 11hp b&s engine looking to maybe fit auto choke set up if possible! have mower running and driving just needs paint now! Anyone else have one!

restorick2378

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rick here from the Cheesehead state!

I have a STX38 for my yard and am in the process of *determining* if a JD built Scotts is worth my time to rebuild (dealing with a steering issue and the thing has a non-serviceable spindle on the right side, otherwise, it's in great shape).

In addition to loving my JD, I also like to tinker with stuff. I have another JD frame sitting around for me to convert it into a mudder for our cottage up north. Will be fun working side by side with my nephews, teaching them the finer points of wrenching and fabrication (they already know how to go fast!).

Looking forward to meeting you folks and hopefully contributing something of value!

Go Pack!
Rick

Dave46

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok I can do that, Dave46 here meaning my nickname in the army (and some times since) was a shortened version of my last name and I was born in 1946.

The reason I am here and new to the John Deere brigade is that I bought a John Deere 325 mower (1998) a few weeks ago after pondering several options.

The photo of the beast is going to have to wait until I take a presentable one and figure out how to post it.

I live in Central Washington on my granparents old farm that they started farming on in the early 1920's .

Thraug

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, riding a old F525 that refuses to die. At this rate it will, and should outlive me!! Aaah, all metal components. :licking:

Dean2006

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello John Deere mower owners. Some issues with my F930 and 1435 prompted me to join

Hoping to learn some things about maintenance and repairs!

Thanks,
Dean