Toro going away from Honda motors?

stygz

Threads
It seems Toro is going away from Honda motors and making a similar design. Why?

redfish9

Threads
Pugaltitude just hit the nail right on the head

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
I think Honda is just a name now. Didn't have a lawn mower, but I had a power washer with the GC 160 Honda. It was the most cold blooded internal combustion engine I've ever owned. It would take 5 minutes of warm up and frogging with the choke in the middle of summer before I could pull the trigger on the wand without it stalling. Took less time to start and drive off with a '70s muscle car in Buffalo NY in January.

stygz

Threads
I didnt realize so many think negitivly of honda motors. Why? So would you buy a Toro engine or Honda Engine? I see Honda engines now have auto choke.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Personally I would only buy Briggs. When a company makes over 12 million engines a year they kind of know what they are doing. To make an engine (the little sprint) last 35 years and eventually phase it out this year takes some beating The vanguard series of engine is amazing.
Some Hondas are ok like the GX series but very expensive.
As for the GC series its not very good. The carbs are a nightmare to work on. I also feel they are lacking in power. Give them there due though they do start 1st or 2nd time.
As for the Toro engine, its chinese. Enough said!!!