Walk behind Honda HRR2168VKA trail of grass

Threads
I have had the same problem. If I cut a lot of grass off at one time grass will clump off of the back left wheel. I have just learned to go in a different pattern (doing separate rectangles) so this doesn't matter. It's not really a problem, more of something that is hard to prevent if you cut a lot of grass off at one time.

dukymike

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an HRX217 with the clip director. For years mulched perfectly, now with the clip director in closed position, it doesn't stay all the way closed, and leaks clippings out the back leaving a messy lawn. Seems there is now some play in the clip director, any way to fix this?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an HRX217 with the clip director. For years mulched perfectly, now with the clip director in closed position, it doesn't stay all the way closed, and leaks clippings out the back leaving a messy lawn. Seems there is now some play in the clip director, any way to fix this?

There is some adjustment; suggest you have your local Honda dealer take a look and give it a complete inspection. If the mower is still under warranty, repairs may be covered, but be sure to confirm who will pay for any repairs before authorizing work. Here's a link to your local Honda dealer:

Find A Honda Dealer

If you are out of warranty, or just want to DIY, share the serial number off the back of the mower deck with me and I'll share a few pages from the shop manual that show more detail.

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

Gmcdowell

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is some adjustment; suggest you have your local Honda dealer take a look and give it a complete inspection. If the mower is still under warranty, repairs may be covered, but be sure to confirm who will pay for any repairs before authorizing work. Here's a link to your local Honda dealer:

Find A Honda Dealer

If you are out of warranty, or just want to DIY, share the serial number off the back of the mower deck with me and I'll share a few pages from the shop manual that show more detail.

lmserialnumber_zps63822669.jpg

I am having a trail and this just started. I cleaned the deck, but doubt there was enough to cause the issue. I mow the yard twice a week, so grass height is not likely the issue.

kraky

Threads
I am not a Honda expert but maybe someday I will own one.
I must say I'm impressed by the efforts of the factory guy trying to help people out.... that's pretty good.
Most reviews on the Honda push mower say they are pretty much the most Superior Mulchers out there.
I have played with a lot of other brands of mulching mowers and mulching kits on Riders and I must say that a lot of people don't understand limitations of mulching. There are way too many customers that want to take a big cut of grass and have a putting green type lawn when they are done and expect the mulching mower to make everything disappear..... the bottom line is if you want to mulch you need to mow more often and you have to take a little less height when you cut. Often times people would get 2 big benefits out of leaving their grass 1/4 to 1/2 inch higher than they like to cut it with a side discharge..... you will get a thicker healthier lawn that is more weed resistance... and your clippings will be hidden better in the taller grass after you've mowed.

lawnrose

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just sent you a direct email; please check it for an update.

Robert, are you still around? I would love to buy the blow-out kit you refer to in this thread. I have tried different blades, and heights, and sharpen and clean the mower regularly. Thanks!

gotomow

Threads
Robert, are you still around? I would love to buy the blow-out kit you refer to in this thread. I have tried different blades, and heights, and sharpen and clean the mower regularly. Thanks!

I remember reading on another forum that Robert has another position within Honda.